News: Lee Fields & The Expressions - Special Night - New Album Now Out

Mike

Really enjoying this album the last couple weeks, the lp not cheap but well worth it I think and yes would be great to see him live in Jan, at Gorilla in Manchester or Under the Bridge in London. Big Crown Records going very well it seems and looking forward to whatever's next. Cheers, Steve

Social source share

28 minutes ago, chalky said:

Where is he appearing?

P.S. Just found the info...he is appearing at Gorilla.

yeah, funny place Manchester at the moment . lot of quality gigs half full or cancelled due to not enough sales. couldn't believe Leroy Hutson got cancelled with the valentine brothers in support , Leon Ware half full , kindred the family soul not exactly rammed, hope Lee gets the support he deserves

shorty

Social source share

1 hour ago, soultronic said:

yeah, funny place Manchester at the moment . lot of quality gigs half full or cancelled due to not enough sales. couldn't believe Leroy Hutson got cancelled with the valentine brothers in support , Leon Ware half full , kindred the family soul not exactly rammed, hope Lee gets the support he deserves

shorty

I didn't know any of these were appearing. Where are they advertised?

Social source share

I think a lot of London gigs aren't very well advertised either. I only found out last week that Trina Broussard and Kindred The Family Soul are playing at the Jazz Café on 20 Nov. There’s no mention of it on their FB page and it only got mentioned on their emails last week

Social source share

20 hours ago, soultronic said:

superb review Brian , never be another you seems to be standout track as you say ,any idea if it will make it to 45 . plenty of quality on the album as well . another great year for soul music .

shorty

Thanks for the comments, Iv been reviewing soul albums for UK Vibe for some considerable time now.

I'm unsure as to what will be the 3rd 45 from the album, watch this space as they say.

Your right about it being a top year for our music, I cant keep up, which is how it should be.

Gouch

Social source share

5 hours ago, soultronic said:

not massively advertised, all at the band on the wall . think the Leroy Hutson was switched to the Ritz but didn't happen anyway, fingers crossed for Lee, eh.

Yeah will get my tickets sorted soon.  Saw him at Band On The Wall and it was packed.  Saw him the year before inn Leeds and one of th best live acts I've seen that night.  Some of his show own my youtube page.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 15:22, daved said:

I think a lot of London gigs aren't very well advertised either. I only found out last week that Trina Broussard and Kindred The Family Soul are playing at the Jazz Café on 20 Nov. There’s no mention of it on their FB page and it only got mentioned on their emails last week

wow thats a great double header  , have always looked upon London as the land of milk and honey going back over the years before computers became household de rigueur . Blues and Soul and Echoes seemed to be full of mouth watering acts coming over to the capitol but often not up north .

shorty

• Helpful 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, soultronic said:

wow thats a great double header  , have always looked upon London as the land of milk and honey going back over the years before computers became household de rigueur . Blues and Soul and Echoes seemed to be full of mouth watering acts coming over to the capitol but often not up north .

shorty

They're playing Manchester and Birmingham too

• Helpful 1
Social source share

17 hours ago, soultronic said:

shorty

https://bandonthewall.org/events/kindred-family-soul/

Social source share

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:54, Mark R said:

LP on reserve at Simply Soul!

Cheers,

Mark R

yep mine too Mark, missed the postman on Saturday . just been down to collect it now . will be playing - never be another you at the u.k charity soul gig at Leeds rhinos on Saturday. incidentally weren't you sporting a jacket like Lee Fields at the recent Soul Underground. only joking mate a great night ,enjoyed it

shorty

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!