60’s Northern! Less-Than-Obvious, Stafford-y Type Sounds *NOW WI

Alan Walls

*** ALL REDUCED IN PRICE ***   60’s Northern! Less-Than-Obvious, Stafford-y Type Sounds and 2 Classic Oldies: Bangers, Stompers and the odd Mid Temo. Fill yer boots... :-)

The Danderliers          -          All The Way          -          Midas (Ex)          £100 £90    lesser known dancer on this classic label, and seldom seen

The Tribulations     -     You Gave Me Up For Promises / Mama’s Love     -     Imperial demo (ex)      £55 £45   the record that took Guy Hennigan’s signature “wait for the beat” intro to new levels: slow, soulful intonation that takes it’s time then charges into a good ‘n proper northern stomperoonie. Mama’s Love on flip is classy mid tempo, to boot…

The Spidells         -         If It Ain’t One Thing       -        Coral (ex)           £125   £100   -       rare Canadian release quality dancer that never got the recognition it deserved

George Byrd     -     I’m Available / You Better Tell Her So       -   Tangerine (ex)  £80  £70- classic oldie, two fine, classic northern soul dancers

The Inverts          -           Look Out Love        -        Tower (Vg+)    £125 £100    price reflects the condition of this sought after mid tempo gem. Be fair to say this record has fought the good fight and carries the scars of a few campaigns over the years: it has surface scratches, scuffs and some no-good varmint saw fit to cut a little rectangle out of the label, but it plays very well, far more loudly and clearly than it’s appearance suggests.

The Fuller Brothers       -        Stranger At My Door     -    Soul Clock  (Vg+)  £240  £220         indemand sweet group sound that plays a likevloud, crisp and clear Ex.

**********************************************************************************************************

Terms:

Making an offer to buy - please PM me but also note on the sales thread there's a PM on the way.

Prices - while I'm sure my prices are reasonable, I might be open to offers on some titles, so ask. Worst that could happen is I’ll say no, or maybe I’ll tell you to bugger off if you’re being really silly, but we’ll still be pals ;-)

Shipping - £8 for UK deliveries over £50 by Special Delivery; £3 for 1st Class ‘Signed For’ if under £50. For overseas destinations, please ask.

Payment - PayPal only, and must be made on my acceptance of your offer. If you want a wee bit of time to pay then just ask, please don't assume I'll hold a record without prior arrangement. 

Returns - no quibble, full refund on the safe return of any record, where you disagree with my condition grading or if I haven't mentioned an obvious fault. I make a point of posting pics  so you can see the condition of the labels before you buy. I won't accept returns because of a label's appearance, or because you've decided you don't really like the record after all, or some other daft reason.

Ok, that's the formal jives out the way. Thanks for looking, hope you find something of interest!

Cheers

Alan

Danderliers.jpg

Tribulations - Promises.jpg

Tribulations - Mama's Love.jpg

Spidells - Coral.jpg

Inverts - Tower.jpg

Benny Johnson - Tarx.jpg

Fuller Bros - Stranger At My Door.jpg

Edited by Alan Walls
reduced prices
Social source share