Gene Townsel-Time wounds all heels Lp

Andy Burns

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Andy

its a tough LP now, but back in late eighties early ninties is was relatively just being discovered. A US source tracked him down and got all of the stock that Gene Townsel's had in his shop in California and was shipped over here which Bill Shannon and me had to sell. I can't remember exact figures but Gene did say that he had sunk most of his money at the time to produce and make the record which didn't sell that well. Them days it was a £30 album, we split the stock and maybe took 2 to 3 years to move them all. I found a couple stashed away about 6 or 7 years ago in some sealed boxes I had and they soon went, but not seen it for sale anywhere since. But as has previously been said its. £100+ record all day now. Most of them will now or are all stashed away in collections, which if you can find somebody to part with it  then your a lucky man. It is one I would be hard pressed to sell myself as it is a great album.

sorry can't help you on getting one but just thought I would give you some background to the LP.

Dave Halsall

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Thanks Dave

Brilliant bit of history -love that -means nearly as much as the tunes these days-adds a real social value and context to a different time when people were just trying to find a way to get on.

if you do hear of one pass the on to me.

really appreciate you taking the time mate.

Want it even more now-pure class

Got a couple of leads now-hopefully they will come through?

Andy

Social source share

6 hours ago, reforee said:

5 hours ago, soultronic said:

and not forgetting Gary Dennis at crazy Beat put two of the best tunes from it  on a nice 45 . there's no use hiding and i'm walking away . hell of a double sider and might just put you on till you land the lp

shorty

Yes but it should also be noted that the 45 was originally issued in the 80s by Gene shortly after the LP was released ... see the previous discussion from a few years back ... 

Edited by sunnysoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

The 45 was released by Gene Townsel in response to the demand for those two tracks from the album after the stock of the LP had run out. This was also a limited press but was only brought out by Gene to cash in on the demand and personally I don't blame him at all. I don't think he made that many possibly around 500 but cannot be certain. 

Dave 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

12 hours ago, reforee said:

The 45 was released by Gene Townsel in response to the demand for those two tracks from the album after the stock of the LP had run out. This was also a limited press but was only brought out by Gene to cash in on the demand and personally I don't blame him at all. I don't think he made that many possibly around 500 but cannot be certain. 

Dave 

didn't know Gene had put the single out as well

shorty

Social source share

Yep 2 X 45s out there one on Balance Town the other on Crazy Beat. Funny enough I thing the A and B side are reversed to each other as well from a train spotting point of view!

unsure of date of the Balance Town 45 but it was way after the LP release...the Crazy Beat 45 was 2005 I think...

Dave 

Social source share