Sam and Kitty - Bootleg?

DaveA

Hi All, I bought this as an original quite a few years ago. I got it at a good price which probably should have been an indication. Just wanting authorative viewpoint that I was duped as I had been thinking of moving it on and do not want to list as original if it is the early 70s boot. See photos attached.

Many Thanks in advance Dave

Sam and Kitty 2.jpg

Sam and Kitty 3.jpg

Sam and Kitty 1.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi I was very confused with this too having the same label release.

Going on this link below it seems that it all hinges on the matrix. The real ones have a more roughly scratched in matrix as can be seen here:

Four_Brothers_45-452_Matrix REAL.png

The boots have a clearer scratched in matrix as seen here:

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 12.43.16.jpg

That's how i've understood it - i may well be wrong though as there is a ton of confused info on this.

Check it out here:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/more/soul-library/sam-and-kitty-ive-got-something-good-four-brothers-r28038

Hope that helps.

Best,

J

Edited by corbett80
making info clearer
Social source share

Has your copy got LW and AT scratched in the run out groove. Plus it should have W on it's own around the deadwax as well.

I have the 100% original yellow vinyl issue, of this rarer variation of label design. 

I used to have a bootleg white demo that I bought in error, way back in the 70's.  They are very convincing.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

According to Manship #5, it may be a boot as the O in BRoS is smaller than the other three capitals. The original and boot demos are virtually identical apart from the matrix markings, the info from solidsoul above being particularly relevant. You could check out Popsike to see the variants and differentiating detail - one sold for about £200 a few months back if I recall and that looked pretty real.

Social source share

Thanks for all the responses,

I read through past forum post and I am now definite, that I am the proud owner of a boot. :(

As per solidsoul there is no AT or W in dead wax. The 4 in the run out is also an exact replica of counterfeit as shown by Corbet80.

I didn't pay alot for it but would not have purchased if buyer had stated it was a bootleg. At least now I know :)

Regards

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!