What is 'Proper' dancing?

Paul-s

So we're all pretty much agreed that there is no such thing as proper dancing to Northern soul, there is good dancing and perhaps not as good dancing but as long are you're enjoying your record and having a good time on the floor then that is the proper Northern soul dancing!

Really works for me that, it's what I thought from the off!:hatsoff2:

Dancing style, now that's a whole discussion waiting to happen. My lass always gets comments, she does that slow style, very fluid, she describes it as 'the way all the Stoke girls used to dance at Wigan' people see it and immediately recognise it as a Wigan style. Maybe they're just trying to chat her up...Nah it's a real thing, I trust all my soulie mates! (He said with a wry smile...)

A move that I have seen done by lasses is the 'Aunt Sally', it's where every few bars or every turn around in the music they do a sort of 'Malfunctioning Clockwork Marionette winding down' thing... My lass says it was pioneered at Yate by the Gloucester girls, it's very cool and very cute...

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I dont know him or his name, but you do see him out n about....if it is the guy I think it is, he usually wears baggier clothes & a 'smock' style shirt.  Ironically, if you look carefully at this years Northern Soul Dance Masters Competition in Blackpool, I'm sure he's there in the heats ???....also, remember the rather large gentleman, who was made infamous vis FB, when they did the NS Flash Mob thing, I reckon he's there too, obviously been on a diet mind, but his whirling Dirvish style looks similar....    

Social source share

33 minutes ago, Russ Vickers said:

I dont know him or his name, but you do see him out n about....if it is the guy I think it is, he usually wears baggier clothes & a 'smock' style shirt.  Ironically, if you look carefully at this years Northern Soul Dance Masters Competition in Blackpool, I'm sure he's there in the heats ???....also, remember the rather large gentleman, who was made infamous vis FB, when they did the NS Flash Mob thing, I reckon he's there too, obviously been on a diet mind, but his whirling Dirvish style looks similar....    

Think his names rob from Midlands never tire of watching him dance amazing! that blonde girl in the vid ain't bad either ;)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!