"Festival Time":Male Vocal,Who?

Guest johnny hart

Guest johnny hart

Any further info on this Unofficial release I just picked up on Discogs for £8 on the Slow Fizz label, Ss threads in 2012 attribute it to Russ W or Chris King in the 80s.Obviously Voice over,Stephen Brook Stein, Stephen Fry , James Nesbitt ,Tommy Hunt, even Charlie Hatcher perhaps? Having disposed of my massive Motown L p collection have now turned my O.C.D. collecting to 45sForeign issues ,picture sleeves and similar Motown related oddities(after hearing the wonderful Kevin Roberts giving it as pin on a Solar radio show,I had to have it. Lyrically its extremely silly,and why put Evie Sands "Picture Me Gone"0nthe  backside, .Any Info from my Soul Source chums to shut me up ?, Gracias, Johnny , Malaga ,Espana.

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Getting Warmer,the Answer to my original ? "Who's the male vocalist" would suggest the Chris King Famous Ric Tic Revue of Jan 21 st 1983 may provide the answer,when top notch vocalists;  J.J. Barnes , Lou Ragland and  Al Kent Hamilton where all on hand for a "Festival Super time", the plot thickens? LOL Johnny .

Social source share

It was CK who did it - I haven't a clue who the vocalist was, but assumed it was a local singer Chris got in. much like the Tina Lewis a few years later.

When I first heard it I asked him about it, and he said, toungue in cheek, it was Ric Tic 113. So bearing that in mind, I don't think there was any doubt he'd just knocked it up.

I seem to remember this being around a bit before the Ric Tic revue of '83, but the release on Slow Fizz was much later, about '86 or so.

Cheers
Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!