Diabolics on Togetherness black & yellow Q?

Tlscapital

I'm yet to have either copy in hand to compare them black & yellow copies side by side visually and sonically and point out differences. I can only judge from sound clips from tinternet and that source is only too vague if even reliable.

Up to now, I've read only bits about the record like that it was previously unissued but was it really ? Does anyone out there have the story about the record and both black and yellow label issues. The black one sounds right (as it looks) where the yellow looks odd and sounds like it's been pitched down.

Capture d’écran 2016-11-19 à 21.56.45.png Capture d’écran 2016-11-19 à 21.56.15.png

Social source share

12 hours ago, trickbag said:

Hi Ricky, I've seen that page and there is no info there ! It's just a not very discerning hip-funkster thing on tinternet. As far as I've understood the black label was first issued (from unissued tapes). But no info as to when. Then that yellow reworked (slowed down, added strings and muffled sound) odd version came out... and some seem to still prefer that one ?! Cheers, Tim

Social source share

i bought both first black then yellow when i noticed it was nearly a minute longer...i was pleased when i got it as it seemed a different take....added flute etc........conjecturing that these were recorded at the same time........lovely sweet soul..........but cant really add anything......different addresses too

Edited by platters 81
Social source share

10 minutes ago, platters 81 said:

i bought both first black then yellow when i noticed it was nearly a minute longer...i was pleased when i got it as it seemed a different take....added flute etc........conjecturing that these were recorded at the same time........lovely sweet soul..........but cant really add anything......different addresses too

Well, I'm awaiting my black labelled copy through the mail-box by this week. Also I should have the visit of a friend who has the yellow label copy. I will ask him to bring it along and I'll record them both into mp3. In a matter of 2 weeks or so I will have in my PSU & tachometer combo and will then be able to pitch the speed of my turntable to great and stable accuracy. I will then re-record my black label copy pitched down at 40 rpm making a 270 seconds song into a 325 seconds one ! And then we'll see and hear if we have a match !

Social source share

2 hours ago, Baz Atkinson said:

Here's their offering on Sundance really lovely sweet soul cut imho ! I do like this outfit a lot this cut is from 76 San Fran area ! 

Baz 

IMG_2657.JPG

They released other tracks on Sundance also.Try finding one though.

BOBA spoke to me about other titles.

Chris.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!