Talmadge Armstrong Gigi

Ted Massey

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Hi Ted, good luck with your quest. It might be a detail (but I do love them) to you but there is no WDJ copy of this very first press (even harder to find). It's only when it got picked up by Jamie/Guyden for national distribution that it got the white label promotional press. Hence the one that went on the EvilBay, a first/local press only had a demo stamp ! Cheers, Tim

Social source share

11 hours ago, Ted Massey said:

Talmadge Armstrong Gigi sold a white demo of this to John Weston years ago, bugger wont sell it me back so cash waiting. a vg one went thru eBay last night  happy to pay more for a better copy 

Hi Ted. Good to see you're back in business. I watched this one sell and wasn't surprised to see what it fetched. Manship #7 has it significantly undervalued. The six white label sales on Popsike are mainly Jamie/Guydnen but two are not, one thought to be Jamaican and the other unknown? Maybe a story here perhaps? Good luck with your quest. 

Social source share

20 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

... one thought to be Jamaican...

Wow ! Thanks for pointing that out. Yes they are both defo Jamaican issues. All the typos are right ! Federal records pressing plant. Really nice ! I always preferred the 'give it up' side and kept it for that side. Another detail I just discovered now and love; 'give it up' is the "plug side" on the Jamie/Guyden distributed promo copies... 

Edited by tlscapital
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Hi Ted. Good to see you're back in business. I watched this one sell and wasn't surprised to see what it fetched. Manship #7 has it significantly undervalued. The six white label sales on Popsike are mainly Jamie/Guydnen but two are not, one thought to be Jamaican and the other unknown? Maybe a story here perhaps? Good luck with your quest. 

Cheers M8 good information thanks can't believe I let it go at least I will get it back if he sells it. I recently got his Pee Wee Shuck and Huey so can't complain lol

• Helpful 1
Social source share