Love Company - Love Tempo

Kjw

4 hours ago, kjw said:

Anyone know how many of these are about - I think I've only heard Sam play it

First heard Butch play it in barcelona about 6 yrs ago.  I know it's been played at the 100 Club for years.  Sam got his recently and has been paying it at Spirit.

Social source share

It's been a staple at the 100 Club for a while now and to my ears gets better each time I hear it. Sits nicely alongside Rideout and that kind of stuff which is just great dancefloor music.

Red Gregg also has it I believe. Great disco soul!

Edited by corbett80
Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest woolie mark
On 11/24/2016 at 11:18, ady croasdell said:

Possibly the worst record I've ever heard played at the 100 Club; but those pesky kids like it!

Sigh....I remember when I was a "pesky kid" at the 100 club niters.  About 1981 it must have been.  I remember there used to be all these really old people (must have been in their 30s) dancing to R&B.  Sometimes we used to have to wait ages for a proper northern soul record to come on. :lol:

Joking apart, do you remember back in the day they used to have a woman cooking chinese food in the corner at the jazz nights before the allnighter?  When we all piled in the whole place smelled like a burnt wok.  Happy days!

Social source share

9 hours ago, woolie mark said:

Sigh....I remember when I was a "pesky kid" at the 100 club niters.  About 1981 it must have been.  I remember there used to be all these really old people (must have been in their 30s) dancing to R&B.  Sometimes we used to have to wait ages for a proper northern soul record to come on. :lol:

Joking apart, do you remember back in the day they used to have a woman cooking chinese food in the corner at the jazz nights before the allnighter?  When we all piled in the whole place smelled like a burnt wok.  Happy days!

Indeed, they left early 80s and from then on it was Jet microwaving shepherd's pies (once for Princess Ann!)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 minutes ago, ady croasdell said:

Indeed, they left early 80s and from then on it was Jet microwaving shepherd's pies (once for Princess Ann!)

She also did suasage sandwiches at the couple of "Modern niters that were held there, I remember finding one in my pocket a couple of weeks after! :D

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

Guest woolie mark
10 hours ago, ady croasdell said:

I would have loved to see Backdoor Kenny come in and say to Princess Ann "excuse me, you're in my chair".

Social source share

On 23/11/2016 at 10:40, corbett80 said:

It's been a staple at the 100 Club for a while now and to my ears gets better each time I hear it. Sits nicely alongside Rideout and that kind of stuff which is just great dancefloor music.

Red Gregg also has it I believe. Great disco soul!

Yes he does, played it a few times when guesting at HBS...being reissued soon via AOTN on a 45

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!