Paul Thrower, sad news

So very sad to hear this. Paul was one of the first UK soul guys I met, and I will always remember him as a true gentleman, funny as hell and equally kind. Always a pleasure to meet him in Yarmouth or Bilbao, and later on at our Stockholm event as well.

Last time we met was the Memphis soul trip in May. Even when his bodily health let him down, Paul still had that great, warm aura. What a class act.

Thoughts go to Clare.

Rest in peace Paul.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

So very sorry to hear this news. I only met Paul about 5 or 6 years ago and feel lucky to have seen / heard him play some of his records a few times. Such a friendly man, brilliant sense of humour and amazing taste in soul...he put me on to some stunning records I might never have otherwise heard and I'll treasure them even more now. Rest in peace Paul.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I only knew Paul as a DJ on this fantastic Soul Scene we all know and love but what a fantastic DJ he was !, Such very sad news ! Our thoughts go out to Paul's family and friends.                                                                                                                                                      RIP Paul                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Love Rob and Sue

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I really can't express the sadness and sense of loss I felt when i heard this dreadful news. our  thoughts go out to Claire (Anything, any time you know where we are, we will be there for you lickety split, as far as we are concerned you were both part of our family and still are) and the girls obviously. To say this has been bad year is an understatement. Paul Thrower one of the nicest most genuine and funniest men i have ever met Love You Mate may you rest in peace.

John x

Social source share

I'm pleased to say that everyone has agreed to go ahead with this event in memory of Paul Thrower, Paul's wife Clare would love this to go ahead so we can all have a little get together, see ya at Seriously Soulful

clock

Saturday, December 10 at 4 PM - 12:30 AM
Dec 10 at 4 PM to Dec 11 at 12:30 AM

The Bristol FRINGE Cafe-Bar

32 Princess Victoria Street, Bs8 4BZ Bristol, United Kingdom

Paul Thrower.jpg

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source