Steve S 60

Beer

On 8/31/2017 at 12:08, Steve S 60 said:

Aldi are selling Young's Double Chocolate Stout for £1.29 a bottle as part of their Beer Festival promotion this Sunday.  Never tried it so might just give it a go.

thanks Steve, I'll see if they've got some left tomorrow. Drinking Black Sheep Ale at the moment, they're selling it off at £1.39 at the local offie so I got the last half dozen.

11 hours ago, billb said:

thanks Steve, I'll see if they've got some left tomorrow. Drinking Black Sheep Ale at the moment, they're selling it off at £1.39 at the local offie so I got the last half dozen.

They had plenty yesterday morning at our local Aldi.  Got myself a dozen mixed bottles, including the chocolate stout and Marstons cherry stout.

St stephanus blonde beer.

this changes taste with more time in the bottle.  All the ones i had were from may so still quite young.  I will put a couple aside and see how it changes.

2 minutes ago, ThinkSmart said:

Cherry Stout.  Those words made my day.  I need to get some decent dark beers in for the longer nights to come.

There's a few dark beers in the Aldi promotion.  Robinson's Unicorn Black, Sadler's Peaky Blinder Black IPA, Brain's Rev James Rye and Wychwood's Ripsaw Maple Red, along with Young's Double Chocolate and Marston's Cherry Head stouts.

43 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

There's a few dark beers in the Aldi promotion.  Robinson's Unicorn Black, Sadler's Peaky Blinder Black IPA, Brain's Rev James Rye and Wychwood's Ripsaw Maple Red, along with Young's Double Chocolate and Marston's Cherry Head stouts.

If Rev James is on offer I need to tell the missus!!  :-)

Cheers,

Mark R

You guys are killing me here:(, off the beer due to tablets I'm taking, only been two weeks so had to resort to a selection of Alcohol free on Sunday from Tesco, surprisingly the first one I had Erdinger wasn't too bad. Got an Innis and Gunn and a St Peter's which I'm told doesn't taste too bad to look forward to:('

That Cherry Stout would have been right up my street.....bugger :wicked:

34 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Have you noticed the IPA's are just about taking over at the moment.

IMG_20170806_1957340.jpg

Yes ipa is certainly taking over.

craft being the other buzz word.

still lots of great beers so not a bad thing.  Can get pricey though.  I’ve dipped my toe into Belgium beer as i’ve Needed a break from ipa but it is my favourite style so i will return to it.

I'm still and likely to be for some time stuck with Alcohol Free beers due to current health problems, if you have a liking for Brew Dogs brews and are going out and unlucky to be designated driver their Nanny State alcohol free is a reasonable substitute for the real thing :(, I found the Innis and Gunn one to be bloody awful but at least it tasted of something. Thus far I've found the Erdinger mentioned in a previous post, Cobra and Warstiener to be quite palatable for anyone finding themselves in a similar position to me. Bavaria ain't too bad either and at three quid for eight cans reasonably cheap.

New series of Olly Smith's Ale Trail has started on the Travel Channel, he travels around America visiting Craft Breweries, last night he was in Texas. He tries to pack too much in rather than concentrating on one place but still an interesting watch. Last night he blind tasted on Oyster Stout made with Bull's testicles. I'm still waiting for him to say "that's bloody awful" as everything he tastes seems to be wonderful. Not sure of times of repeats but there must be some, it airs at nine on Mondays, I would have posted earlier but only just caught it myself last night.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links