Adam's apples info

Dobber

Don't take it out on this world has always been a fave northern tune for me,however I've never come across any info on the group or even pics?

is there any info/pics out there?

with the recent interest back on the tune and originals hitting 1k..wow! Can we put faces to the record?

also I have a USA issue,what's the ratio to demo's and issues?

Lee

Edited by dobber
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Have a word with Dave Moore. Apparently he bumped into these guys in the States. I think it was during one of the Soultrip USA things and in a bar or maybe hotel bar. He thought the 4 (?) black guys looked likely candidates to be a group so went over and chatted. They'd heard the Brits were in town and said they were the Adams Apples.

:hatsoff2:- Kev

• Helpful 3
Social source share

There was an issue sold on ebay in the last week or so for less than £500 (493.07).  I know it is in demand and a great dancer but £1k a little OTT.

Never seen a photo of the group or found any info about them.

there is a website dedicated to the whol Brunswick roster but no info about them.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Ray Allen produced "Don't Take It Out On This World".  He also produced "Strange Neighbourhood for the Imaginations. 

I know he produced/arranged another Northern track, but can't remember what it is! 

Social source share

38 minutes ago, chalky said:

There was an issue sold on ebay in the last week or so for less than £500 (493.07).  I know it is in demand and a great dancer but £1k a little OTT.

Record was pretty scratched so interest was limited. First issue I've seen up for grabs. DJ copies surely outnumber demos by 10:1 at a rough guess. Great tune and evidently an in-demand top 500 oldie. Their other track on Brunswick lists at £100 and is hard to come by. The group were overlooked at the time, possibly because they had an odd name. Sorry, no info on the topic but interested to hear anything.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

41 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

The group were overlooked at the time, possibly because they had an odd name.

Somewhat like The Yum Yums, Big Dons Rebellion or John and the Weirdest!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Goldsoul said:

Adams Apples were from New Brunswick NJ. They were on their way to see me at SoultripUSA 2006. A mix up with dates meant they arrived at the Hilton after I departed. I interviewed them for either Jazz FM or Smooth who I worked for at the time. A Black group made to sound white!  

Well the black to white worked,cos I thought they were/are white!

cracking northern tune!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Goldsoul said:

Adams Apples were from New Brunswick NJ. They were on their way to see me at SoultripUSA 2006. A mix up with dates meant they arrived at the Hilton after I departed. I interviewed them for either Jazz FM or Smooth who I worked for at the time. A Black group made to sound white!  

Is there a recording of the interview anywhere Kev? Would love to hear it. 

Social source share

2 hours ago, solidsoul said:

Somewhat like The Yum Yums, Big Dons Rebellion or John and the Weirdest!

Tasty name, powerful name or myterious name...all tempting. Now, Adams Apples, are they hippies, new-age religion or a part of the anatomy? Give a group a daft name and it might not appeal to potential DJ's, record buyers, promoters etc.

Social source share

13 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Record was pretty scratched so interest was limited. First issue I've seen up for grabs. DJ copies surely outnumber demos by 10:1 at a rough guess. Great tune and evidently an in-demand top 500 oldie. Their other track on Brunswick lists at £100 and is hard to come by. The group were overlooked at the time, possibly because they had an odd name. Sorry, no info on the topic but interested to hear anything.

Not sure how bad the scratches were, just said surface marks and plays and sounds well.  Condition hasn't stopped other classics commanding a daft sum, look at the Tomangoes that just sold.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 20:20, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

I picked up an issue copy recently paid £550 not in the best condition but plays through well, Had to be done as it's my all time Favourite! :wink: :)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 01/12/2018 at 06:55, Blackpoolsoul said:

I seem to remember that they were one of these studio creations made up by Producer and Songwriter Paul Leka

He was also responsible for the Leaders on Blue Rock

Studio creation or not they turned up at one of Kev Roberts USA trips.  Thin k it was after the weekend when most had left.

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, theothertosspot said:

Recall Simon (Sid) Bray telling me he had a Canadian Brunswick (issue/demo?) of DTIOOTW that he sold to Tim Brown a number of years ago. 

Might be true. The other Adam's Apples release on Brunswick, "You are the one I love" came out in Canada.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!