Peter99

Random Thoughts

3 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

There's no point asking me or tattoodave, because even if we knew, we wouldn't know where we put it.

Just now, Steve S 60 said:

Then realised you'd read the book before. 

I still have the book, but wouldn't know where it is, and I still haven't read it all the way through, it's an art book, and quite boring, but the illustrations were brilliant, Dadaism, freaky stuff.

Just now, Steve S 60 said:

Ah, but toast only came after sliced bread.

How can you be sure?  I realise the saying is a slice of toast, but you get toasted tea cakes, or is my reasoning a little weird, yet again?

11 hours ago, Venus said:

next you will be telling us that is why we have smaller feet? to get closer to the sink?? LMAO....All the best for 2017 my dear friend.

Is there another reason that I don't know about. :P

Hoping you have a truly wonderful New Year and that all your wishes come true for you and your lovely family.

Steve. X

29 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Why is it called a round of toast ? And do they make round toasters for toasting things round

Steve

oh no, we're but back to Warbies again and their Blackpool Roll loaf,don't tell me someone's made a toaster for that as well

59 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Ask King Arthur!

Now this isn't exactly random but...

Have done a bit of casting bronze in my time and when casting bronze swords you have to leave the sword in the mould long enough to harden but not too long or you'll never pull it out of the mould...Excalibur?

22 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Now this isn't exactly random but...

Have done a bit of casting bronze in my time and when casting bronze swords you have to leave the sword in the mould long enough to harden but not too long or you'll never pull it out of the mould...Excalibur?

Mould and toast don't go well together if you have an allergy to penicillin.  But it's pretty much the same with slip mould pottery, though you have more of an Eureka moment than Excalibur moment. 

13 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

The best thing ever devised must be maps, let's face it where would we be without them ?.

cant agree with this ;-

the best thing ever devised are Blinds because without them it would be curtains for everybody ,

al get mi coit

On 12/2/2016 at 21:47, Peter99 said:

"Is training/keeping homing pigeons cruel"? Don't ask me where it came from.

It's massive over here especially down in Flanders, during the Spring & Summer it's a risk just getting out of your car for fear of being crapped on by a swarm of pigeons!!

By the same token "Is it cruel having Husky dogs pull a sledge in the snow ?"

SLED DOGS.jpg

37 minutes ago, Chris L said:

It's massive over here especially down in Flanders, during the Spring & Summer it's a risk just getting out of your car for fear of being crapped on by a swarm of pigeons!!

By the same token "Is it cruel having Husky dogs pull a sledge in the snow ?"

SLED DOGS.jpg

Yes I think it is cruel having dogs pull sledges. Especially when it's for sport. 

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Yes I think it is cruel having dogs pull sledges. Especially when it's for sport. 

I asked it on a couple of dog lovers who couldn't tell me if it was cruel or not. The digs seem to love doing it but of course they can't speak so we don't really know.

1 hour ago, crazylegs said:

I personally think dogs should be pulling their 'raggies'.........................Clyde agree's!

x

20160813_225027.jpg

Seen a few pictures of Clyde. He always brings a smile to my face. He's lovely.

peter

He is my best boy..........................just don't tell Steve!!

We rescued him 2 years ago, we should have names him velcro, never leaves my side! All he wants to do is play or sit by me.

Don't know if you can see him, but this is him at the moment, he has 'tunnelled'through two throw's on the sofa, just enough of him out to keep an eye on whats going on!

x

21 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Seen a few pictures of Clyde. He always brings a smile to my face. He's lovely.

peter

20170107_182416.jpg

I occasionally think about historic wars. If for example you had just one decent attack helicopter, armed to the teeth which could be refuelled and rearmed anytime and anywhere, could you have beaten the Romans and destroyed the Roman Empire? 

What other wars could you have won with just one hi tech military machine?

:huh:

7 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

When drinking a cold drink I often try and enhance my drinking experience by imagining I'm in a red hot desert dying of thirst.

Does anyone else do that? Am I weird?

:g:

No and yes.

1 minute ago, crazylegs said:

People miss the point when the say

"The glass is half full" or "The glass is half empty"

They need to remember the glass is refillable!

x

Mine is. Always refillable which is probably why I'm always pissed. Well almost always. 

14 hours ago, Peter99 said:

When drinking a cold drink I often try and enhance my drinking experience by imagining I'm in a red hot desert dying of thirst.

Does anyone else do that? Am I weird?

:g:

Yes:wicked:, it's an exclusive club Peter, this year I'm President, so welcome.

14 hours ago, Peter99 said:

I occasionally think about historic wars. If for example you had just one decent attack helicopter, armed to the teeth which could be refuelled and rearmed anytime and anywhere, could you have beaten the Romans and destroyed the Roman Empire? 

What other wars could you have won with just one hi tech military machine?

:huh:

Pretty much all of them up to the second world war, as long as you had a constant flow of good pilots etc.  After all, the hundred years war would be a bit of a strain, unless you counted each of the conflicts as separate, 116 years of service would be deserving of one helluva gong.

4 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

maybe to get it's foot off of yours?

Top Tip - always carry a banjo when out walking through a cow field, along with a pound of lard in case you get your head stuck in some railings.

2 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Top Tip - always carry a banjo when out walking through a cow field, along with a pound of lard in case you get your head stuck in some railings.

Have you ever thought of writing a survivalists guide?

I recently watched a YouTube clip about the stupidity of Americans, a guy was asking people "if doughnuts were 12 cents a dozen, how much would 100 cost?" All I could think was "So that's why they're all so fat"

2 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I recently watched a YouTube clip about the stupidity of Americans, a guy was asking people "if doughnuts were 12 cents a dozen, how much would 100 cost?" All I could think was "So that's why they're all so fat"

Americans, improve your sit ups by taping a doughnut (donut) to the toe of each training shoe (sneaker).

3 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

During calving season, the addition of a banjolele is recommended.