golborne soul profile photo

re offers

Site Stuff golborne soul

Posted

sick to deaf of these offers post .. you know what you want .. just say ... just saying :)

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Or it will go back in the box!!!!  :sleep3::ohmy::thumbup:

soul source url
Posted

Spot on . Leave the bidding game to eBay . 

soul source url
Posted

I'm sick to death of people who use the "ex" grading ... and "++" ... or even "+++"... just saying ...

soul source url
Posted

Or when you put something in Wants, a seller has it but won't name the price then gets offended if you make an offer too low. 

soul source url
Posted

offers = I know what i would take but hoping some gullible newbie or desperate wanna be dj will offer me more

soul source url
Posted

I can understand why people invite offers as it is often difficult to get an up to date price on certain records and they naturally want to increase their income and at the very least not end up giving it away. So I'm cool with the offers in the Record Sales Forum as long as they say so in the title - I can then decide whether or not to read the post.

For me there are more annoying posts such as listing in Record Sales but then having to go to a website and go through a registration process when all I want to do is to send a PM and get their PP details. These posts should be in ebay & website sales forum i think.

Or even worse seeing a post that says "plus P&P" - holding the record then being asked to pay some ridiculously inflated postage amount -Sellers should be upfront with their charges.

soul source url
Posted
7 hours ago, sunnysoul said:

I'm sick to death of people who use the "ex" grading ... and "++" ... or even "+++"... just saying ...

i started using vg++ instead of ex but now ive had a couple of guys saying i fancy that but the condition puts me off... the usa vg++ is usually very clean but maybe some uk guys think its means its down in condition a bit when really its still a clean copy

soul source url
Posted

Well said Dave

Any one who bought from the states back in the day would know that a U.S VG++ (Goldmine Standard Grading) pisses all over a U.K EX from a great height, Sunday sermon over :yes:

Dave

soul source url
Posted
17 hours ago, golborne soul said:

sick to deaf of these offers post .. you know what you want .. just say ... just saying :)

Dean. They should say offers in the region of. eg £100

Steve

soul source url
Posted

yeh steve .. it gives u a clue to what they want .. I've offerd a few folk on here what i think a 45 is worth by going on popsike past auctions site to get a good idea of what i want to pay .. & when I've offerd a respectable offer they turn round & laff .. even without giving a counter offer .. ???

soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, gointoagogo said:

I can understand why people invite offers as it is often difficult to get an up to date price on certain records and they naturally want to increase their income and at the very least not end up giving it away. So I'm cool with the offers in the Record Sales Forum as long as they say so in the title - I can then decide whether or not to read the post.

For me there are more annoying posts such as listing in Record Sales but then having to go to a website and go through a registration process when all I want to do is to send a PM and get their PP details. These posts should be in ebay & website sales forum i think.

Or even worse seeing a post that says "plus P&P" - holding the record then being asked to pay some ridiculously inflated postage amount -Sellers should be upfront with their charges.

PM me with details of any sellers in Record Sales who ask you to register and then order through an external site.

As far as I know any dealer on here with their own website is aware that 45s listed in Record Sales can be bought through just a PM.

Site grading on here is VG++ and not EX.

I like the "making room" ads followed by a handful of sales - must live in a 0 up 0 down terrace.

soul source url
Posted

"Priced to Sell" is my pet hate. 

:dash2:

soul source url
Posted

Nothing wrong with a make me an offer scenario its a basic sales tactic the world over. It does seem to be a bit silly if its not a rare tune but each to their own.

This kind of moan always makes me think does the person moaning even want that record? If not why bother moaning if so make an offer.

What amuses me more than the make an offer ad is the people who  approach you unsolicited (fine) ask about a record thats not for sale (fine) then refuse to make an offer preferring to become all pissy (fine but funny) becuase they "dont make offers" (fine). Then comes an offer a quarter of the reasonable going rate (fine but again funny) which is somehow supposed to garner immediate affection and make me sell a record thats not for sale. I wonder how some peoples brains work sometimes. 

soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Id love it if it were true its usually not tho. 

soul source url
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave West said:

Or when you put something in Wants, a seller has it but won't name the price then gets offended if you make an offer too low. 

The simple answer to that is make an offer that might actually interest the person who has taken the trouble to respond to the want request.

Too many 'wants' posters are time-wasters and piss-takers. They don’t do their homework properly and are just fishing around for a bargain because they don’t want to pay website or market prices. If I post a want, it's because I actually 'want' that record and I accept that I may have to dance to the tune of someone who responds to my want.

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, markw said:

The simple answer to that is make an offer that might actually interest the person who has taken the trouble to respond to the want request.

Too many 'wants' posters are time-wasters and piss-takers. They don’t do their homework properly and are just fishing around for a bargain because they don’t want to pay website or market prices. If I post a want, it's because I actually 'want' that record and I accept that I may have to dance to the tune of someone who responds to my want.

I've all but given up responding to certain type of wants of bigger ticket items due to people throwing out offers that require the use of a time machine to be anywhere near valid. 

soul source url
Posted
On 04/12/2016 at 22:29, Peter99 said:

Mine is 'bargain price'.

So you look at the record and fair enough, it's only 80% the price of a near minter. Bargain.

Then you look at the grade and it's only VG or VG+. Bargain reversed. 

soul source url
Posted

I have never had any problem with the ' Make me an offer', if you really want the bloody thing why on earth would you not want to, not a lot of good kicking yourself when you find out someone offered less than you were prepared to pay and got it !, infact if they say no you could make them a better one. Is that not part of buying and selling just about anything on this planet.:glare:

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, still diggin said:

I have never had any problem with the ' Make me an offer', if you really want the bloody thing why on earth would you not want to, not a lot of good kicking yourself when you find out someone offered less than you were prepared to pay and got it !, infact if they say no you could make them a better one. Is that not part of buying and selling just about anything on this planet.:glare:

Exactly.

soul source url
Posted
On 08/12/2016 at 19:36, still diggin said:

The main issue i find is that people want to pay prices that they missed a few years ago. 

soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, JNixon said:

The main issue i find is that people want to pay prices that they missed a few years ago. 

Very true.

soul source url
Posted (edited)

yeh steve .. it gives u a clue to what they want .. I've offerd a few folk on here what i think a 45 is worth by going on popsike past auctions site to get a good idea of what i want to pay .. & when I've offerd a respectable offer they turn round & laff .. even without giving a coun

Edited by golborne soul
already posted this ealier .. can u delete please

soul source url
Posted

lets get back to the original quote i gave ... its about members putting records for sale on here .. without a price & saying just make me an offer ... to me if a person is selling a record he must have an idea of the price .. so just say what you want for it instead of playing ping pong messaging .. it makes life easier :)

soul source url
Posted
30 minutes ago, golborne soul said:

lets get back to the original quote i gave ... its about members putting records for sale on here .. without a price & saying just make me an offer ... to me if a person is selling a record he must have an idea of the price .. so just say what you want for it instead of playing ping pong messaging .. it makes life easier :)

The points that are being made generally is why should they. They are selling thier property using a method that is universally accepted.

And if you want to buy it you should also have an idea what its worth so make an offer. 

Ill go back to my original point - do people want to actually to buy the records on offer or are they just mortally offended someone has chosen a method they disagree with. If you want it make an offer and work something out.

its part and parcel if record collecting and i get the impression from dealing with wants on here people think they are above making offers.

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, golborne soul said:

It's the seller's business how they want to trade. If they think they can get a better price through bidding up, or they have other reasons for wanting to invite offers rather than pricing a set sale, then that's up to them.

soul source url
Posted
46 minutes ago, markw said:

It's the seller's business how they want to trade. If they think they can get a better price through bidding up, or they have other reasons for wanting to invite offers rather than pricing a set sale, then that's up to them.

Exactly right. 

soul source url
Posted

I never sell anything. Firstly, I dont have a huge collection - quality over quantity (imo before someone tries to kick my ass), secondly, I wouldn't really have a clue about grading properly, and thirdly, I couldn't be doing with all of the hassle of packaging, posting and tracking payments. So, for the new year I may introduce a new category;

Priced Not To Sell

:wicked::hatsoff2::thumbup:

soul source url

Site Stuff - Support Forum

Site related support and feedback forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.