The Charmers - Looking For Trouble @ Pip

Guest Simon

Hi,

Anybody got an mp3 of this they can post up or send me?

Also anybody got a copy of the 45 they'd like to flog me?

Many thanks in advance

Simon

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Tis a very nice tune but not the sort of thing i could justify paying more than £40 for, can't see it setting the dancefloor alight. Saying that this record has been around for £75ish for a good few years now, always fancied a copy but never been lucky thus far.

Although the one on John's site is mint though the soundclip isn't, presume that's not the recording of the one for sale?

Found the soundclip on SS, cheers Mike!

Cheers to the other repliers also for their help, much appreciated!

Simon

Edited by Simon
Social source share

Tis a very nice tune but not the sort of thing i could justify paying more than £40 for, can't see it setting the dancefloor alight. Saying that this record has been around for £75ish for a good few years now, always fancied a copy but never been lucky thus far.

Although the one on John's site is mint though the soundclip isn't, presume that's not the recording of the one for sale?

Found the soundclip on SS, cheers Mike!

Cheers to the other repliers also for their help, much appreciated!

Simon

ta dave for price check

have heard/read it been getting a few plays over last 18 months or so

one of those that does sound a lot lot better out imo

Social source share

Will have to check but I think I'm right in thinking that this isn't the Charmers but someone else but the wrong creds went with the 45. Will have a look tomorrow and let you know. Either way a great toon and an old Guy Hennigan (or 'doesn't he look like that bloke out of Frankie Goes To Hollywood' as we used to call him in our Stafford days!!!!) if memory serves right.

*** Ok have looked in the files and I was right(ish). The 45 is The Charmers, signed to Laurie records a few months B4 the Chiffons and therefore standing no chance of breaking into the big time, they teamed up with Tony Bruno (and for those who are asking he was the man behind Maxine Browns early hits and an important truck driver turned producer in the Soul world.) The 45 is superb, lead singer Terri sounding as though she'd give you a right good Bitch Slapping whether your a girl or a boy!!!! However, and heres the mix up, those lovely people at Impact records issuedin 1985 an LP with an alt. version credited to Big Maybelle that later turned out to be a different vocal mix on the Charmers and Terri the bruiser. Hence my confusion on these very pages. So, if you've got the Lp its not Big M. but The Charmers and a completely different mix which came out on an Ace CD some years later.

Right, hope thats as clear as mud. Continue.

Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

I've gone & splashed out the £75 on John's copy, didn't really want to pay that much but it's a fair price imo & is totally Mint unplayed.

Was tempted to bid on Tommy's but his copy was Ex, plus i recently bought a record from the States which has gone walkabouts although i know Tommy is a sound guy so i'm sure that copy would have reached me fine.

Deffo a connoiseurs record imo, not sure how it would go down with the masses in a club but i'd deffo dance to it if someone played it.

Simon

Social source share

Does no one read posts!!! I thought I'd pointed out it was released under the name of Big Maybelle above - DOH!!! LOL

obviously not :thumbsup::huh: been away couple of days and saw that this wasn't posted and posted without reading........

100 lines.......make the effort to read all the topic before replying :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!