Yum Yums on ebay

Julianb

Sorry don't know how to add a link, however;-

This has a starting bit of $600. It's a definite bootleg and I've told the seller so. He hasn't responded but it's interesting that his sales blurb states definitely no returns, sold as seen etc ( so methinks he knows it's a boot!).

Can we get on his case to save some poor uneducated person his money. It has already got an opening bid.

Cheers

Julian

Social source share

There is a copy shown on popsike that looks exactly like it with same description that sold for 2500.00.  Unless this guy has more copies that have the same label stains the first buyer must have sent it back and probably as a boot which ebay does not allow.

Social source share

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112227584267?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I noticed this one and the previous one starting at $2,500.

The seller is making a big point about there being NO RETURNS!!

The other items he has for sale include various reissues etc which were done for the UK market in the 70's - Bobby Hutton/Willie Hutch, Hoagy Lands, Chuck Wood etc.

Social source share

3 hours ago, JulianB said:

Sorry don't know how to add a link, however;-

This has a starting bit of $600. It's a definite bootleg and I've told the seller so. He hasn't responded but it's interesting that his sales blurb states definitely no returns, sold as seen etc ( so methinks he knows it's a boot!).

Can we get on his case to save some poor uneducated person his money. It has already got an opening bid.

Cheers

Julian

Easiest way to put a spanner in is to duplicate his listing without an actual item and put a warning on your listing about his listing.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, sheep said:

Report to eBay as a counterfeit, they should block him.

It is quite difficult to get through eBay's "report an item" process, I've done it many times and never had a notification from eBay that they were doing anything about it.  I guess they like the money that is generated by these fraudsters.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

How about a few of us sending this message to the seller :-

This is a bootleg copy and worth £50 tops? Yes you know it is.
Anyhow, just to give you the heads up, There is a rumour, although can't confirm it that a European based soul buying collective will prevent this from being sold so it would be best thing all round if you were to realist it properly.
All the best,

If there is no response then snipe all his items with 10 k bids

Social source share

38 minutes ago, sheep said:

Report to eBay as a counterfeit, they should block him.

Of course they should...........but they won`t!

Thing is....if it was sold as the boot it would probably fetch a couple of hundred anyway.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I've just had a look at the popsike one previously sold, it's identical in picture, but he's dropped the "This is a record most collectors only dream of owning . This is the extremely rare original promo pressing on heavy vinyl , with the correct matrix numbers ; ABC 12661 / ABC 12660 the sixes look sort of like small  'b's. This is a guaranteed original , not a 70s bootleg or a reissue" bit from the description, he obviously knows it's a bootleg as it's been returned to him. 

Social source share

17 hours ago, briank said:

There's another bidder now.

Probably a shiver bidder... get a mate to start the bidding then another to drive up the price. Multiple bids somehow authenticate the item for auction. The seller has set out to trap the unwary as his sales blurb indicates, 'buy at your peril and don't say I didn't warn you'.

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Bottom line is this seller's a thief and he deserves to be prosecuted as such.  However he thinks he's being smart and absolving himself from liability by emphasising all the disclaimers about "sold as seen" etc and I doubt that eBay will have any way (or inclination) to mount a case against him.

Perhaps a good old fashioned twatting might discourage him from pursuing this line of business.

Social source share

Is this thread more about further boots being pushed onto the market or people being ripped off?

I am playing devils advocate here (so go easy),  When purchasing anything it is always buyer beware (or seller even) and all down to someones knowledge/lack of.

How many on here would quite rightly buy a rarity for a song off e bay if the seller was clueless and didn't realise what he had?

Ha, but I am not deceiving anyone I can here you say?:)

Well, say you went into a charity shop and saw a 50 count box of singles with a sign on it saying "to be sold as a job lot only", £20.

Whilst plowing through the middle of the road shite you come across a 5k biggy nestled snuggly in the middle.:ohmy:

When the little old lady asks you what interested you in the old box of records that had be there years with no one taking the slightest interest in them, do you tell her about the rarity and offer 4 grand for the records:g: or do you mumble something about your missus loving Lonny Donegan and shove a twenty pound note into her hand?:wicked:

I live in hope!:lol:

Edited by chatty
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, chatty said:

Is this thread more about further boots being pushed onto the market or people being ripped off?

I am playing devils advocate here (so go easy),  When purchasing anything it is always buyer beware (or seller even) and all down to someones knowledge/lack of.

How many on here would quite rightly buy a rarity for a song off e bay if the seller was clueless and didn't realise what he had?

Ha, but I am not deceiving anyone I can here you say?:)

Well, say you went into a charity shop and saw a 50 count box of singles with a sign on it saying "to be sold as a job lot only", £20.

Whilst plowing through the middle of the road shite you come across a 5k biggy nestled snuggly in the middle.:ohmy:

When the little old lady asks you what interested you in the old box of records that had be there years with no one taking the slightest interest in them, do you tell her about the rarity and offer 4 grand for the records:g: or do you mumble something about your missus loving Lonny Donegan and shove a twenty pound note into her hand?:wicked:

I live in hope!:lol:

The examples you quote amount to shopping for a bargain. The Yum Yums record under discussion involves an attempt to defraud buyers by deliberately concealing information that would confirm it as an illegal bootleg. Bit like stealing from a blind beggar really -  not cricket, jolly nasty and far from soulful.

Social source share

• 5 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!