Question for the gospel experts

Foxman

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I've discussed this with other gospel heads and so far, come up dry....our thoughts were that it sounds like a Chess/Checker track that's tucked away on an LP somewhere....it has that kinda production value. But it's a complete hunch, albeit, a reasoned one.

If that's the case, the c/u name could be quite shrewd, so maybe something by the Faithful Wonders.

All a guess though, mate....the gospel folk I discussed it with weren't that impressed with the c/u practice in the first place. It's a decent cut, but ultimately not worth worrying about too much.....there's plenty out there that are worth the chase before uncovering this lil' ditty.

Edited by Greg Belson
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks Greg. Thing is I'm not necessarily chasing this one, just very keen to know what on earth it is. I'll do everyone a favour a spare them my opinion on the subject of cover-ups. 

I actually do know the cat who has this 45 (lives in my town) but never bothered to ask directly. Holds these kinda things closeto his chest. (Not that Perth's a particularly large or competitive scene mind you.)

Cheers 

Adam 

Social source share

9 hours ago, foxman said:

I actually do know the cat who has this 45 (lives in my town) but never bothered to ask directly. Holds these kinda things closeto his chest. (Not that Perth's a particularly large or competitive scene mind you.)

Cheers 

Adam 

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a 45 though....could be a carver from an LP track. Just a thought, mate.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert