Linda Jones

Heikki

Slightly offtopic, but I read something on the net recently and am a little baffled. Terry Jones, who I presume is Linda's daughter has done some recording with Helen Bruner, and in this write up she calls Helen her sister. Does this mean that Helen Bruner is also Linda Jones's daughter, or am I misreading the connection, a shared father perhaps, or maybe "sister" as in best friend?
Was Linda married to a well known industry figure, or is that just another nonsense rumour?

Social source share

Hi Big Gordy!

Hypnotized/Lonely Teardrops/I'm Taking Back My Love/Take The Boy Out Of The Country/Fugitive From Love/You Hit Me Like T.N.T./Give My Love A Try/A Last Minute Miracle/What've I Done (To Make You Mad)/My Heart Needs A Break/That's When I'll Stop Loving You/I Just Can't Live My Life (Without You Baby)/I'll Be Sweeter Tomorrow/Can You Blame Me?/Ooh Baby You Move Me/I Do/If Only We Had Met Sooner/I Can't Make It Alone/Stay With Me Forever/Behold/Not On The Outside/I'm So Glad I Found You (with the Whatnauts)/I've Given You The Best Years Of My Life/Your Precious Love

Only after typing the above, I realised that it would have been easier simply to give the Acerecords link :-).

Best regards

Heikki

Social source share

14 hours ago, Big Gordy said:

I've got the Complete Recordings CD on US Rhino from a couple of years ago, should I be getting this one too.  What tracks are on the Kent set that aren't on that set? Cheers.

Don't think the four Neptune sides have ever been on CD and neither has the Linda Lane track 'Lonely Teardrops' - wish they had included the other side mind.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 16:50, purist said:

Slightly offtopic, but I read something on the net recently and am a little baffled. Terry Jones, who I presume is Linda's daughter has done some recording with Helen Bruner, and in this write up she calls Helen her sister. Does this mean that Helen Bruner is also Linda Jones's daughter, or am I misreading the connection, a shared father perhaps, or maybe "sister" as in best friend?
Was Linda married to a well known industry figure, or is that just another nonsense rumour?

I think the term sister in this instance is a term of endearment as in 'sisters -in arms''

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!