Pervis Lee i don't care leeway original 45 ???

Salvosoul

In these times it seems that people don't care (or don't know?) about bootlegs, repress, little difference or not at all in prices between G or VG- and M- records etc., record business, especially on ebay, is going mad, anyway yes, this is a bootleg, I'm surprised that seller didn't mention it.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Do we 1000% know that the 7" was a boot? It was never released on a single yes, but was an album track on 2 albums.
Anyway this is the reply that I have put on Discogs. Let me know what you think (I'm sure you will) :-)

" Not necessarily unofficial. If the guy or his family are still alive, and decided to put out the single, that they own copyright for, that makes it official. Also look at the label name and the name of the album? 'LEE'WAY'? as in 'Lee' as in his name Pervis Lee. No one really knows by the looks of things, but I have seen many releases like this where the actual artist or Kin, has decided to release a track or an album themselves and using their own name or similar, for the Label. I will understand if you know the artist or his family and they have told you that it is Definitely unofficial, but without that it's all guess work. Another couple of points. Look at the money that the 'Leeway' album is going for on the same label? hardly likely to be a boot for that money. And the original album that the track appeared on in 1970 'Himself'? No label??? HIGHLY likely that that was 'HIimself' that released it on a limited Promo press just to raise some cash maybe or to get his name out there. Stuff happens"

Edited by Northern Soul UK
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

The Pervis Lee 45 from a couple of years back is a licensed release pressed by Record Shack in Germany. The A side is a shorter more dance floor friendly edit never before released and the flip side is the original longer LP version.

Along with the standard large hole issue copy (which are all stamped promo) there are a small number of UK style small hole white label test press with hand written credits. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!