Is nostalgia just a year end thing?

Kenb

Like most on here, I listen to great records – and like most on here I read the mass of considered opinion why some artists never got the recognition (I suppose we have to read ‘commercial’ here) we believe they deserved. Even if they get the adoration from us all.

Then I think of the great work that folks do (again, many contributors on here) to bring those artists back into our lives. Either by the likes of appearances in the UK, new material, books, stuff from the archives & vaults, and so on.

For me, just one ( of many) to kick the thread off. Debbie Taylor.

Who’s yours?

Social source share

9 hours ago, Kenb said:

Like most on here, I listen to great records – and like most on here I read the mass of considered opinion why some artists never got the recognition (I suppose we have to read ‘commercial’ here) we believe they deserved. Even if they get the adoration from us all.

Then I think of the great work that folks do (again, many contributors on here) to bring those artists back into our lives. Either by the likes of appearances in the UK, new material, books, stuff from the archives & vaults, and so on.

For me, just one ( of many) to kick the thread off. Debbie Taylor.

Who’s yours?

one of my all time faves    such emotion  

Social source share

Remember seeing and chatting to Troy Keyes. He was in the Room next to us and we spent most mornings chatting on the seat outside. He was so humbled by all the adulation thrown his way.  He stopped singing in the 60's and had been a Postman since. He shed a lot of happy tears that weekend. 

Edited by Tezza
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!