Steve Lane

Scanguard (advertised on Facebook) SCAM

Just a heads up.
As some on here may know, I dabble quite a bit in internet security.
There`s an advert on Facebook for a product called SCANGUARD which purports to be a top line antivirus/malware program. It is none of these, it`s a scam which will more than likely infect your computer and then charge you for the privilege. It even points you to what`s supposed to be an evaluation website. Top10BestAntiVirus.com .This is NOT a legitimate evaluation website at all, but has been created as part of the same deception that Scanguard is up to. A self-referring circle of praise to make the product/service seem to be more than it is.
There is absolutely no chance that this Scanguard software, that did not exist a year ago, is anywhere close to being as good as say Kaspersky which has been in the actual top three on legitimate AntiVirus comparison and testing websites for many years. Yet lo and behold Scanguard is rated higher than Kaspersky on TOP10BestAntiVirus.com! That alone speaks volumes about lies being put forward as truth by BOTH websites.
I also noted that the pricing in Top10BestAntiVirus.com's "Compare" section is €19.99, which is NOT equivalent to the actual price of US$49 on the Scanguard website anyway.
No legitimate evaluation website would have chosen such a poxy and infantile name as Top10BestAntiVirus.com if it truly were a legitimate operation.
This type of scam has been done many many times in the past under various guises.
SCAMGUARD
DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGEPOLE!!!

Pass this info on to everyone!

Edited by mike
re-posted by site with links removed

On 12/15/2016 at 09:51, Steve Lane said:

Just a heads up.

Don't believe it but the Scanguard ad just popped up on this site! :ohmy:

Edited by mike
see above

1 hour ago, KevinKent said:

Don't believe it but the Scanguard ad just popped up on this site! :ohmy:

as the above facebook copy and paste post contained  3 or 4 direct links on the page then guess google ad service picked them up and then displayed relevant ads

have edited the posts above to remove the links

will block the ad once see it

have now blocked 3 ads to the softwares website

Edited by mike
updated

On 18/12/2016 at 20:48, mike said:

as the above facebook copy and paste post contained  3 or 4 direct links on the page then guess google ad service picked them up and then displayed relevant ads

Yes, cheers Mike, I had posted this on my Facebook page and hadn`t realised i`d dragged the link over.

Must pay more attention!!

On 18/12/2016 at 20:48, mike said:

Hi Mike, good work but I'm still getting the Scanguard ads showing. Quite ironic that I just had it appear alongside Steve's initial post on this thread.

They're not bothering me as I won't respond to them, but thought you might like to know so am posting here for continuation and flagging up this post.

:hatsoff2:- Kev

yep they usually have more than one lot

blocked a load of new ones

this topic may be causing them to show 

if still do show after this will delete the topic

thanks for passing on :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 27 posts
    • 1692 reads
    • Dirk Tiggler
    • 22 Apr 2015
    • 1 posts
    • 968 reads
    • Steve H
    • 09 Nov 2012
    • 3 posts
    • 1063 reads
    • JNixon
    • 24 Jan 2012
    • 1 posts
    • 535 reads
    • eddiep
    • 08 Sep 2011

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.