trying to track down a record with only 1 word Help Please

pauly Wauly

Hi - new to the site, only just got registered - trying to find the name and artist of a track I heard at a Soul Nite - but very vague and can only remember one word - JUSTIFY or JUSTIFIED - It was an uptempo track and really nice to dance to - Hope someone can help me - I've tracked down the Wade Flemons track so all good there.

I don't collect any vinyl - my brother collected it years ago but he has not bothered with it since (probably been the best part of 40 years ago) and has sold it all - I just love the music - been a Northern Soulie for the best part of my adult life (since probably early teens) and like to get on the dancefloor.

My collection consists of MP3's - but always have it on, I just wonder if anyone can help me out here - I like the more uptempo stuff - so if anyone can help - great - I know its not a lot to go on and not sure if I'm just "weeing in the wind" as my memory is really bad - can't remember one title from another !!!

Thanks for your help in advance - I've searched my collection on computer with "Justify" and "Justified" in the search title - but nothing so far.

So Hope you Knowledgeable lot on here can help - reading the many posts - looks like your good at this !!!!

Many Thanks.

Paul.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Steve, Ken, Rich - many thanks for the quick response.  Starting to build a great playlist off you lot!! - The Ben Aitken and Lou Johnson track have been added - the Ben Aitken track is about right tempo style - you got me thinkin - I searched Satisfied and came up with the Furys track - But as said - my memory is really bad - so not sure if it was the Furys track - should have gone up and asked the DJ - great night thou - not too many there - so plenty of room to dance.

Thanks again Guys and keep em comin!!

Paul.

Social source share

That is so bizarre Paul. Today I received in the post from USA The Furys I,m Satisfied with you on a Keyman White Demo. ( Sorry If I am talking double dutch ). This record is fairly difficult to find nowadays on the USA label. However it should be far easier on the UK release label Jayboy. Which ever way ALL the tunes mentioned are top drawer oldies from the 70,s when they first got played on the scene.

Good luck with your searches.

Social source share

Which soul night was it? If you can remember and wave a flag in the direction of the DJs, they may be able to help you if they remember their playlists from that night? Maybe?:g:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve Foran said:

That is so bizarre Paul. Today I received in the post from USA The Furys I,m Satisfied with you on a Keyman White Demo. ( Sorry If I am talking double dutch ). This record is fairly difficult to find nowadays on the USA label. However it should be far easier on the UK release label Jayboy. Which ever way ALL the tunes mentioned are top drawer oldies from the 70,s when they first got played on the scene.

Good luck with your searches.

Nice 1 Steve - sounds like your well SATIFIED!! - Yeah the tunes are great - I wasn't sure if I would get a response - but bowled over by it.

1 hour ago, flamingemeralds said:

Which soul night was it? If you can remember and wave a flag in the direction of the DJs, they may be able to help you if they remember their playlists from that night? Maybe?:g:

Thanks - It was at the West Bromwich Town Hall in West Bromwich in the West Midlands in Mid November - a new nite I think - not well attended, but the upshot was that there was more room to dance A Plus In My Book - but probably not for the promoter!! - think It was the Great Chris Kings set - also the great Mr Evison was on as well - sorry I can't remember any more DJ's - was a while ago and my memory's very poor - but all DJ's played a really good set - I was up all nite on the floor- It was just a shame that more didn't turn up because its a lovely room and as with these events - for me anyway - the music is just so good.

Flaming Emerald Hey - I could probably do the last 15 seconds of "Have some everybody - what a great beat - I know not classic Northern of the day but such a beat - not much more uptempo than this - only on Parr with Pat Powdrill - Do It.

Hi Pete, I mentioned earlier on that its definitely an up tempo track - a good dance so to speak, but just added another track to my ever growing playlist.

Thanks all and regards

Paul.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!