Walkerfamilyantiques

Samplat

2 hours ago, samplat said:

Someone has bought the George pepp . I feal sorry for the person

But is the feeling real? :D  Seriously though some real big hitters just gone up. Inc Arthur Willis, Magnetics.... AVOID, and thanks for bringing this to attention.

Edited by John A
Social source share

I was gonna draw attention to it as well, a copy of De-Lites - Cuppy listed and another SOLD, how many copies of that just lying around! 

Its a tell tale sign using a scan from popsike of previous sales.

I contacted the seller and asked him to post actual photos, to be fair he replied straight away, His post said 

PLEASE LOOK AT THE PHOTO'S FOR A BETTER AND MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTION! 

I said - How can that be done if the pictures aren't that of the actual item? Same for the Sam Williams and Willie Hutch (which is also sold along with Pepp).  He told me he would do that after he went to the house at the lake to collect the 45's................................ if you ask me CAUTION KEEP CLEAR

Social source share

i have copied and pasted the popsike link of the magnetics to walkerfamilyantiques e-bay page asking them if it is the same 45...      and here is the very quick response  via e-bay..................

New message from: walkerfamilyantiques (465Turquoise Star)

Of course I will the record is actually at my lake house and I will not be there till Sunday night I will get you the Matrix number then and will work a deal out on your payments appreciate your interest in the record God bless. The only reason I'm selling my high-dollar record collection is my house downstate burned and I have no insurance thank God all my good records were up north of the lake house
7?euid=3fe5b3028725404bba7e496a3f634493&
Social source share

8 minutes ago, vynilhound said:

In fairness to them, I have purchased from them earlier in the year with no problems at all but admittedly not big ticket items.

Buyer beware but you can only relay your own experience with a seller.

It wilI be interesting to read their feedback over the next few weeks!

Social source share

Note added below his listings now ...

I will combine shipping on multiple orders. Please wait for an invoice BEFORE YOU PAY if you purchase multiple item's thanks.  
Some record's I'm listing came from my uncle who use to work at a Radio Station in Pontiac, Michigan. Most all of my 45's are NOS from the Radio Station or from a very large collection of 40,000 records I was lucky enough to purchase from an OLD SCHOOL COLLECTOR. The Man I purchased them from bought out Disco-Tech in Chicago, Ill years ago along with several other record stores in a few different states. As well as entire collections from 3 different estate's. One of the collections was that of a Mr. Milton A. Siewert a serious early 45 collector.  Along with his son Mr. Allen Siewert's entire promo 45 & DJ 33.3's. Allen was a Disc Jockey and they were both from the Chicago area. There is also the collection of Mr. Robert "Bob" & Jackie Cardoni who were Jukebox Operators as well as collector's. They were also from the Chicago area. All are deceased now. Also in the lot was another VERY SERIOUS old time collector out of Wisconsin and it is all early 1900's-1950's 16",12"&10" 78's of all types. I have only listed and gone through very few of the 78 collection yet. Trying to get through the 45's and 33.3's before I tackle the enormous job of going through the 78's. EVERY SINGLE record I purchased will eventually get listed so please keep looking for future listings. Or you can look at my collection on the site discogs dot com. User name walkerfamilyantiques. If you see ANYTHING AT ALL in my collection you want just message or email me and I will get it listed for you A.S.A.P. There is nothing in there that is not for sale!!! PLEASE LOOK AT THE PHOTO'S FOR A BETTER AND MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTION! And if you have ANY questions please feel free to call me Jason at 1(989)670-1353. Thanks for looking and good luck bidding! 
Social source share

4 hours ago, vynilhound said:

In fairness to them, I have purchased from them earlier in the year with no problems at all but admittedly not big ticket items.

Buyer beware but you can only relay your own experience with a seller.

Same here bought a 30 quid record not a lot I know service was excellent what I can't get my head around is the big list of records they have for sale why risk losing the sales of all them and previous good feedback etc as well..doesn't make sense to me 

Social source share

I again cut and pasted this to the seller to his e-bay willie hutch post  https://www.popsike.com/RARE-NORTHERN-SOUL-WILLIE-HUTCH-THE-DUCK-LOVE-RUNS-OUT-45-rpm-SAX-BREAKS/201726740484.html     and here is the reply via e-bay   

New message from: walkerfamilyantiques (464Turquoise Star)

I will post the correct photos tonight when I get up to the lake house I just use stock photos because I wasn't here the records sorry for the confusion God bless

so hopefully all will be ok and no one will get shafted,???

Social source share

1 hour ago, Nick Soule said:

If you look at completed sales on Gripsweat, they tell you the "best offer" price it actually sold for. Looks like he took $1,100 for the Magnetics. 

https://gripsweat.com/item/182391667779/rare-northern-soul-the-magnetics-lady-in-green-original-bonnie-label-45-vg

and one of the de-lites sold for $600.

https://gripsweat.com/item/182391670958/the-de-lites-lover-tell-me-why-cuppy-northern-soul-monster-45-rare

Social source share

It does seem more than a little odd that he should have multiples of so many rarities, but then again the story of how he acquired them is plausible-ish. So what's the suspicion here: he doesn't have these and is just stealing people's money? Or is he knocking out these new super-boots?

Social source share

1 hour ago, Alan Walls said:

It does seem more than a little odd that he should have multiples of so many rarities, but then again the story of how he acquired them is plausible-ish. So what's the suspicion here: he doesn't have these and is just stealing people's money? Or is he knocking out these new super-boots?

The suspicion is that the rarities he was offering seemed to be using images that were from previous sales on eBay, so he was possibly just stealing people's money.  Despite my offering the advice of putting extra photos with something with his name on to clarify the situation his stock answer of doing it when he gets to the lake house hasn't sorted my doubts, he also mentions God in his answer to one question so is probably delusional too:wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

23 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

The suspicion is that the rarities he was offering seemed to be using images that were from previous sales on eBay, so he was possibly just stealing people's money.  Despite my offering the advice of putting extra photos with something with his name on to clarify the situation his stock answer of doing it when he gets to the lake house hasn't sorted my doubts, he also mentions God in his answer to one question so is probably delusional too:wicked:

The 'two houses' line does conveniently buy him some time, right enough, but thanking the Almighty for not burning his records clearly demonstrates he is a fine, upstanding Christian gentleman of good moral fibre...:yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

can i just make you aware of a certain person who was advertising rare 45,s through discogs over 18ths ago.i myself was caught out by this person along with highly respected collectors and dealers over here. i did manage to get back some refund but to this day am five figures  down ...good god i hear you say.? well this chap turned out to be selling on behalf of another collector in the states .whom he trusted .needless to say the records were never sent and the dealer in europe is financially ruined,and his personal life in serious trouble,according to latest emails etc. this seller used all kinds of christian phrases ,high morals,upstanding fine behaviour.i myself have been brought up as a christian gentlemen...........however ,if you smell a rat,and your gut instinct says somethings not right.then i wish i,d listened to my gut instinct and not followed the chase.i would not have lost so much......buyers beware.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Very few people on Planet Earth own quantities of the sort of records being offered. Those who do own combinations of them, are highly unlikely to sell them at all, let alone simultaneously. OK, some long term collectors have been selling their treasures in recent years, but this kind of pitch should set the alarm bells ringing. From now on, Smell-A-Rat Records should be avoided at all costs.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 18/12/2016 at 11:12, TattooDave said:

3 copies of the De-Lites have sold, a George Pepp and a Magnetics, he'll soon have enough to rebuild his burned down house, just in time for irate purchasers to burn it down again.

You don't sell copies of a rarity like the Delites and let it be known. You'd sell them wisely or most would and maximise profit.  

Bent as a nine bob note as we say in Yorkshire.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

20 hours ago, chalky said:

You don't sell copies of a rarity like the Delites and let it be known. You'd sell them wisely or most would and maximise profit.  

Bent as a nine bob note as we say in Yorkshire.

well, we have seen sellers who kept listing 1000 dollar rarities again and again until the last copies were selling for a couple hundred - Four Tracks, Clara Hardy etc  

mostly antique dealers who don't specialize in records, got the old stock for cheap and just want quick money 

this seller is obviously a fraud tho

Social source share

Plenty of sellers stop sales before Xmas due to post and people not checking ebay during holidays. Would you not be covered by paypal if anything went wrong? Looks fishy, but then doesn't seem like an obvious total out and out scam since they've obviously been proper traders up till now...

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

the negative feedback has come in thick and fast for this seller ...

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=walkerfamilyantiques&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=182392424901&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

although not apparently for any of the rare soul vinyl items ...

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!