Find This Nutcase

Guest micksmith

Guest micksmith

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT IDIOT HAS BID £206.00. FOR SKIP MAHONEY'S JANICE ON OVENCHIPS AUCTION WITH 20 DAYS TO GO.

I DID HEAR IT WAS A GUY CALLED TOMMY WHO IS "DEAF-DUMB AND BLIND".

AND LIKES TO PLAY PINBALL?.

Social source share

• Replies 98
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT IDIOT HAS BID £206.00. FOR SKIP MAHONEY'S JANICE ON OVENCHIPS AUCTION WITH 20 DAYS TO GO.

link

Its unreal even my "collection" :P is now worth something :P:)

Social source share

link

What is more to the point does anyone have his email address ?? ;-) £££

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Its unreal even my "collection" :P is now worth something :P   :)

link

IT WAS ALWAYS WORTH SOMETHING-IT'S DAVE'S THAT AIN'T WORTH A DIME.

TOO MANY BOOTLEGS????????/

Social source share

IT WAS ALWAYS WORTH SOMETHING-IT'S DAVE'S THAT AIN'T WORTH A DIME.

TOO MANY BOOTLEGS????????/

link

Actually MJ i have my own records, you have been very good to me if you remember, Marlena Shaw & Madelaine Wilson are just two i can recall and you dont even charge me :P:P as for Daves being bootlegs :Fck_off_by_nulltarget: :Fck_off_by_nulltarget: (they mean FU*K OFF if you didn't know :) )

Social source share

This is hilarious - what a muppet... "Janice" is the sort of record I'd melt and use as a fruit bowl  :)

link

You'd need to melt quite a few copies to get a fruitbowl... you disco hater you !!!!

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Just out of intrest whats it worth now.

Salsoul?

underworld?

cheers :)

link

I GUESS O/CHIPS LOOKING FOR £500 ON IMPORT.(I THINK HE'LL ACCEPT GREEN SHEILD STAMPS). OR MAYBE NECTER CARD. YOU'LL GET LOTS OF POINTS.

UK ABOUT £40

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Actually MJ i have my own records, you have been very good to me if you remember, Marlena Shaw & Madelaine Wilson are just two i can recall and you dont even charge me :P   :P as for Daves being bootlegs :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:  :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:  (they mean FU*K OFF if you didn't know :) )

link

I'M TOO GOOD TO YOU.

Social source share

You'd need to melt quite a few copies to get a fruitbowl... you disco hater you !!!!

me no disco hater... I adore Odyssey's Native New Yorker :) x

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

If someone finds the high bidder please tell him to contact me, he/she can get cheapie prices on other salsoul releases:

Eddie Holman 100£

Ultra rare LOGG 45 500£

...and OOOH! Imagine if you have the Candido "thousand finger man" , man that one must be upwards to 4000£ nowadays..

best

Leo

Social source share

This is hilarious - what a muppet... "Janice" is the sort of record I'd melt and use as a fruit bowl  :P

link

If you made it into a fruit bowl you'd be able to cut your own hair then Kolla :P

Tell me when to duck...... :P

No two ways about it, way, way too dear.

But, someone wants it bad enough, they'll have a bidding war with someone else who thinks the same.

AND I'm gonna defend old Skip, I think it's a classic and one of the most important records that defined a genre.

I ain't fussed what anyone else thinks, I have cherished memories of it and you rascals can go whistle :)

Although if I'm honest, It's not really one I want to hear played out. I do enjoy hearing it every now and then, at home.

Jamie :P

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I used to have the 12" myself, like it a lot acctually, really good feel-good factor :) but 200£+? It's on Salsoul for heaven's sake and i know about big labels and rarities but this ain't rare.. ok the 7" might be harder but still.. well if they want to spend their money on it it's their choice :P

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest micksmith

F**K ME I SOLD A WHITE DEMO FOR A £10 AND THOUGHT THAT WAS A RESULT :)

link

THAT WAS-YOU SOLD IT TO ME. ANYWAY DON'T YOU SCAFFOLDERS DO ANY WORK. BLOODY PART TIMERS.

Social source share

If you made it into a fruit bowl you'd be able to cut your own hair then Kolla  :)

AND I'm gonna defend old Skip, I think it's a classic and one of the most important records that defined a genre.

link

Records like this and it's ilk totally ruined the northern scene for me and hundreds of other people. And still continue to do so.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Records like this and it's ilk totally ruined the northern scene for me and hundreds of other people.  And still continue to do so.

link

WELL SAID FROM A MAN WHO LOVES WHITE SOUL. I AGREE.

Social source share

WELL SAID FROM A MAN WHO LOVES WHITE SOUL. I AGREE.

link

What do you mean I love white soul, I used to collect British which means you have to buy a lot of white cover versions...yes I like Joanie Somers and Chapter Five, Dean Parrish, Barry St John, Shane Martin, a few more, but thats about 1% of the soul records I like.

I don't class 70's/80's disco whatever it is as northern soul thats all.

Social source share

Records like this and it's ilk totally ruined the northern scene for me and hundreds of other people.  And still continue to do so.

link

What's one Man's meat is another Man's..........

Live & Let Live I say. There's plenty of nights to cater for everyone's tastes, and you can pick a venue where you don't have to listen to anything beyond Dec. 31st 1969.

I can't understand why people have to be so vociferous if they don't like a particular genre, just leave the people that do like it, to it. :P

This isn't aimed at you Pete, and I'm not old enough to comment on your point about this type of record causing a split, but I wonder where we would all be if none of that nasty 70's stuff was played??

However, I can comment on something that I was involved in and for one think the 'Dance' culture thingy circa. 1988 wouldn't have happened without it. I mean, half the stuff played was 'Modern' and 'Jazz Funk' stuff (Joe Smooth, Ten City, Gil Scott Heron) before it went all bleepy and bonkers.

The splits occurred in the Dance scene too. I enjoyed the soulful side, and when the different types of music split, I for one was very happy, so I could go to a night and not endure repeated car alarms going off and my ears being assaulted :)

I await my stoning......... :P

Jamie

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

It really is horses for courses.

I hate Skip Mahoney :) , but love Echo Curtis :P . You cant get MUCH more bleepety boppity than that. :P

Social source share

What's one Man's meat is another Man's..........

Live & Let Live I say. There's plenty of nights to cater for everyone's tastes, and you can pick a venue where you don't have to listen to anything beyond Dec. 31st 1969.

I can't understand why people have to be so vociferous if they don't like a particular genre, just leave the people that do like it, to it.  :P

This isn't aimed at you Pete, and I'm not old enough to comment on your point about this type of record causing a split, but I wonder where we would all be if none of that nasty 70's stuff was played??

However, I can comment on something that I was involved in and for one think the 'Dance' culture thingy circa. 1988 wouldn't have happened without it. I mean, half the stuff played was 'Modern' and 'Jazz Funk' stuff (Joe Smooth, Ten City, Gil Scott Heron) before it went all bleepy and bonkers.

The splits occurred in the Dance scene too. I enjoyed the soulful side, and when the different types of music split, I for one was very happy, so I could go to a night and not endure repeated car alarms going off and my ears being assaulted  :)

I await my stoning......... :P

Jamie

link

Well said young man :P

Social source share

Well said young man :)

link

I hope you're not trying to gain favour in the SSCDT by agreeing with me are you Lou-Lou???? :P

I just try not to get uptight about it, c'est la vie baby!!!! :P

Jamie :P

Social source share

Oh ok...

:) < this is me with a beard.. or a yashmak ... not much difference really)

Actually Jamie - I've always been very verbal when it comes to both music I like and don't like. If we all agreed with each other and only said nice things about records it would be a bit boring and obsequious. So, little chum - you'll be getting a fruit bowl for christmas LOL!

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Oh ok... 

:)   < this is me with a beard.. or a yashmak ... not much difference really)

Actually Jamie - I've always been very verbal when it comes to both music I like and don't like.  If we all agreed with each other and only said nice things about records it would be a bit boring and obsequious.    So, little chum - you'll be getting a fruit bowl for christmas  LOL!

link

WELL SAID.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Stone him, stone him, stone him stone island that is nowt wrong with a bit of production and schmaltz in your soul you only have to listen to That Smith bloke who DJ's down at the 100 Club half his sets are decent 70's and the rest well............... :)

Personally i think they should play more house music at northern nights, well it is the new northern soul, or was that last week??

Taxi for Trotski...................................

Social source share

I like Thinking Of You by Sister Sledge  :P

link

That's the spirit :P

Pete, my tastes cover all eras. My music of choice at the moment probably doesn't back up what I've just said, but with me it's 'if it's good, it's good'. That just applies to my tastes, obviously.

Here's a few that float my boat at the mo'

1. Esther Phillips 'Nobody But You' Roulette

2. Harry Deal 'You're Always In My Mind' Eclipse

3. Ozz & Spurlings 'Can You Qualify' Golden Way

4. George Freeman 'Down & Out' Valiant

5. Willie Wade 'When Push Comes To Shove' (Can't remember label!?)

I could list tons.....

Some I own, some I don't. Love 'em all the same.

Jamie :)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Me too...was one of the last few records played at the Cleethorpes weekender and it packed the floor  :P

link

Please don't encourage him or Adrian, there is quite simply no excuse for this record :) I'll bet even Mindy cringes when he plays it :P

Trouty

Social source share

That's the spirit  :)

Pete, my tastes cover all eras. My music of choice at the moment probably doesn't back up what I've just said, but with me it's 'if it's good, it's good'. That just applies to my tastes, obviously.

link

No I agree with you when you say good is good except I just don't like hearing non-60's soul at northern do's, simple as that, I would rather they started playing rocksteady and reggae, at least it has some soul content.

Anyway no doubt people would hate my taste in music (Punk, 60's garage, reggae, late 70's early 80's new wave stuff, scott walker etc)

Social source share

Oh ok... 

:P   < this is me with a beard.. or a yashmak ... not much difference really)

Actually Jamie - I've always been very verbal when it comes to both music I like and don't like.  If we all agreed with each other and only said nice things about records it would be a bit boring and obsequious.    So, little chum - you'll be getting a fruit bowl for christmas  LOL!

link

Carmen Miranda it is then!!! :P

Take your point about voicing opinion on likes/dislikes. I just sometimes get the feeling that because someone likes stuff from 70's, they are in some way inferior to someone who likes say, 60's. I personally just love Soul music, and listen to it on its merits.

I like all the banter, I just feel that people have blinkered opinions sometimes, whereas me being a cool, laid-back kinda fella :P tries to listen to a track without pre-judging. 'It must be shit, it's from 1973' mentality is what I see as a problem.

Mine's just one opinion in a sea of millions, who give's a toss what I think! :P

Social source share

Carmen Miranda it is then!!!  :P

tries to listen to a track without pre-judging. 'It must be shit, it's from 1973' mentality is what I see as a problem.

link

Y'see this is where my comments get taken wrongly, I do like the fast seventies 4-4 dancers that were played, I'm talking about the Cleethorpes stuff mainly and if there was a no 70's rule there'd be no mel britt, natural 4 or whatever, what I'm saying is YES I AM BLINKERED to non-Northern Soul Soul, if that makes sense...it does very little for me and I would rather listen to The Ramones than Garland Green.

But like you say, horses for courses...

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

who give's a toss what I think! :P

link

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troutyyyyyyyy

PS

Always knew you were a fruit :P xx

Social source share

Y'see this is where my comments get taken wrongly, I do like the fast seventies 4-4 dancers that were played, I'm talking about the Cleethorpes stuff mainly and if there was a no 70's rule there'd be no mel britt, natural 4 or whatever, what I'm saying is YES I AM BLINKERED to non-Northern Soul Soul, if that makes sense...it does very little for me and I would rather listen to The Ramones than Garland Green.

But like you say, horses for courses...

link

Understand completely, I maybe generalised when I said 70's Pete, so concede that point.

It's a lot to do with tempo and production. I was taking my comment about 70's to it's extreme.

Just as you get fast 60's stompers compared to a Mid-Tempo Ballad cut - you can't compare them because they are so different.

Here's a prime example of the above.

Odds & Ends - Let Me Try - Today

Cut in about 71/72 I think, (usually wrong on these babies!), but what a fantastic track and just perfect tempo for me, and one I'm playing at the minute.

It's difficult to try an get a accurate representation of what you are trying to say across without making a bollox of it and looking a complete wanker.gif (Tkanks for the icon Pete!)

I thank you......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!