compilations lps

Guest northernsoul62

They'll sell on eBay no problem, especially the Northern/Kent ones.

You will find historical/current selling prices therein to give you an idea of what to expect. Most will be circa £10 to £15 if in excellent condition; i.e. the vinyl, labels, sleeve and sleeve spine.

It is important to provide an accurate description as any disputes tend to fall on the side of the customer not the supplier.

That's my experience from last year.

Edited by David Meikle
Added info to end paragraph 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I wish I still had all my Kent vinyl.  I loaned it to a friend while I was working away off the scene who within a year ruined all it all by playing them out and at parties.  Nearly thirty years later it still annoys me.  I never got to the bottom of it but he also seemed to have given away a lot of it, we were young and dumb so didn't know the deep personal value to us of the vinyl from that time.   We're still friends though.  

I had almost all the Kent LPs, all the Soul Supply/Goldmine, Grapevine, Inferno and other cheapo compilations (remember the 'Keeping The Faith' volumes sold in Woolworths?). 

I get my hair cut opposite Rob's Records in Nottingham which was a second home for decades and I'm constantly tempted to go in and just start buying up all the old compilations I can find.  I have to treat it like a minor addiction and not let myself step back into the shop though, once I start that will be it again - subscribed to all the lists and spending far too much on vinyl I then dare not play.   Actually....I do now have a separate building outside the house I could store and play it but......no stop that!!  I've had at least four Northern Soul collections and inbetween early House and others. 

Those Kent LPs especially seemed to alluring and mysterious when I was younger.  I used to buy as many as my Saturday wages would get me from the racks of Northern Soul at Pendulum Records stall in Nottingham Victoria Market.   Sorry I'm getting nostalgic, but vinyl does that.  The memory of the covers, the smell.

I really do wish Kent would put out a book of the front/back covers of all their compilations.  I would prize it for life.  I've got almost all the songs now, but it's the covers I crave I think.  Ian Clark's work on those covers was important.  I featured it at my blog a while back (which I must get back to) at:

https://squareendknittedtie.tumblr.com

Edited by ThinkSmart
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!