News: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2017

Mike

A Merry Christmas to everyone and there family. :thumbsup:

A happy New year and best wishes for 2017 :thumbsup:

And a prayer to all those we have lost this year :( my thoughts are with you and your family at this special time. gone but not forgotten

peace and love

alan 

Edited by ajb
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

On 12/22/2016 at 04:40, redditchcrew said:

HAPPY KERSTMAS YOUNGERS :hatsoff2:GOED NEW JAAR

IAN & SALLY STACEY  & NUNEATON SOUL CLUB

Hebben jullie een Prettige Kerstdagen en gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest closedms

Merry Christmas & A Happy & prosperous New Year to one and all [now where's my pressies]. 

I'm led to believe one must look underneath a tree of some kind.

• Not as easy as you'd think, I can't find my one present in the midst of my wife's plethora [Christmas word of the day ]of presents, oh to be popular.

Edited by closedms
Social source share

10 hours ago, Man from Soul said:

Merry Christmas & A Happy & prosperous New Year to one and all [now where's my pressies]. 

I'm led to believe one must look underneath a tree of some kind.

•  
  • Not as easy as you'd think, I can't find my one present in the midst of my wife's plethora [Christmas word of the day ]of presents, oh to be popular.

Think yourself lucky, I gave up on Christmas when I was 3, I was given a functional carpenter's set complete with hammer, nails, and best of all a tenon saw, sadly wood was overlooked, so I used my initiative and used it on the wood to hand, lunch time came along and the dining room table was minus 3 legs at different heights.  I found out then that the idea of "peace and goodwill" doesn't exist even on the day let alone the season when facing down one's parents.  That was my first emotional scarring, of which there have been a plethora over the ensuing years, it's all part of life's rich Aubusson. 

Social source share

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 20:38, TattooDave said:

As a non Christian and a non meat eater I don't celebrate the season, but I wish all those that do a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year. 

Tattoo Dave

And the same to you Mate

Met you at Nuneaton last time I visited ( mid 2016 ) and had a blast guessing when and where the record was played first !!

All the best and more for 2017

Edited by PeteSi
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Mr Fred said:

Just out of interest have you any ties with the Netherlands? My mother came from Den Haag.

My father's family came from Den Haag.  The woman who was the model for De Visservrouw (famous metal statue on the beach at Scheveningen) was my great aunt, by marriage.  I reside there part of each year (more than anywhere else-I also spend time in Denmark, Germany, Canada and USA).  I work for Sanoma Uitgevers, bv. (Dutch Disney publications), as well as Danish and Swedish Disney Pub. (Egmont Serieforleget), and German Disney Pub. (Ehapa Verlag).  I have worked for Dutch Disney since 1984.  I lived in Den Haag (Archipelbuurt) from 1986-2004, and a village in Nord Holland since.

Spreek je goed Hollands dan?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 27/12/2016 at 18:46, RobbK said:

My father's family came from Den Haag.  The woman who was the model for De Visservrouw (famous metal statue on the beach at Scheveningen) was my great aunt, by marriage.  I reside there part of each year (more than anywhere else-I also spend time in Denmark, Germany, Canada and USA).  I work for Sanoma Uitgevers, bv. (Dutch Disney publications), as well as Danish and Swedish Disney Pub. (Egmont Serieforleget), and German Disney Pub. (Ehapa Verlag).  I have worked for Dutch Disney since 1984.  I lived in Den Haag (Archipelbuurt) from 1986-2004, and a village in Nord Holland since.

Spreek je goed Hollands dan?

Niet vloeiend maar ik kan krijgen door. HI Robb have been past the statue you mentioned many times in scheveningen you must be proud. Looks like you get about a bit seems an interesting job.I have been coming over to the Netherlands ever since I was born and have a big family over there and have 7 cousins jotted all over.Was last over in September. All the best for the new year   Regards Fred.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!