Louise Freeman 'I Can Do It (If I See It)

Guest son of stan

Guest son of stan

Killer record.. Always assumed it would have been played at Blackpool Mecca.Fits right in with 'Love Factory'; 'Seven Day Lover', etc...

I think I have also heard or read that it was known on the pre-disco, underground scene in New York ...

.If so, can't think why it is so overlooked / under-rated as for me, it holds own with anything from that era!

Any thoughts?

Gorgeous deep soul b-side too:

For further info, the version of 'I Can Do It.' on UK London is a different, and better, mix than the original on Shout.

Social source share

Not forgetting of course, it was also raved about in Blues & Soul by Dave Godin.

Can't say as I can recall it ever getting plays in the clubs at the time - or since.

What's the difference with the UK and US copies then? UK London promo and a German Bellaphon with picture cover for me!

Now the other side... that is a beauty isn't it!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 23/12/2016 at 00:36, son of stan said:

Killer record.. Always assumed it would have been played at Blackpool Mecca.Fits right in with 'Love Factory'; 'Seven Day Lover', etc...

I think I have also heard or read that it was known on the pre-disco, underground scene in New York ...

.If so, can't think why it is so overlooked / under-rated as for me, it holds own with anything from that era!

Any thoughts?

Gorgeous deep soul b-side too:

For further info, the version of 'I Can Do It.' on UK London is a different, and better, mix than the original on Shout.

Don't care too much for the a side but the flip is beautiful. New to me.

pete

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I also bought it as a new release and played it out once or twice, with little success, but on flipping it over instantly fell in love with the stunning 'How Could You Run Away'. A truly great record that has stood the test of time.

To be honest John, I can't remember Dave raving over this one, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had. Certainly right up his street.

Cheers and all the best.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

43 minutes ago, Parkypine said:

The a side doesn't get any needle time in my record room, however  'How Could You Run Away' is different gravy!!

True to form! 

I love good gravy nearly as much as good soul music. :rolleyes:

It needs to be deep, silky, rich brown and super tasty! 

Peter

:thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!