jam66

The Truth About Popular Music

This is a YouTube video by a bloke called Paul Joseph Watson. I can't link on this device sadly so sorry about that.

The video I feel expresses what many on here feel about today's pop music. He pulls no punches and his language is a little strong. Just thought I would warn you gentle folks on SS. Hope it's worth a look for some of you. Put it here as it is about music, if it needs moving mods I'm sure you will do the necessary.

1 hour ago, WoodButcher said:

Just another YouTube 'star' that loves the sound of his own voice and has nothing better to do than voice his opinion on anything and everything ... :sleep3:

Fair enough. I just thought he'd pulled a few points that float around together.

Yeah lol. Just picked up on these comments, much of what I feel about what's been/is being done is in there.:yes:

The idea that four or so people write so many of the 'chart' hits surprised me. All day it's played on my mind that maybe someone on here mentioned it before.

Although in example HDH wrote many hits don't perceive them as ever being so formulaic even if Hitsville was known as the hit factory there were other competing artists and output.The idea of the cultural damage mentioned is therefore valid.

Plus the fact yer can't beat a good rant. :ohmy:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 353 reads
    • George M
    • 20 Feb 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 218 reads
    • trev thomas
    • 15 Nov 2017
    • 2 posts
    • 464 reads
    • illusive
    • 11 Nov 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 180 reads
    • PIED PIPER
    • 19 Oct 2017
    • 55 posts
    • 4004 reads
    • Steve G
    • 23 Sep 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 189 reads
    • source news
    • 14 Sep 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 268 reads
    • Sebastian
    • 07 Jun 2017

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.