Bootleg! Northern Soul The Hurting Is Over Arthur Willis And Sou

Mal C

It's never going to fool anyone though , even in a darkened room ... :lol:

The label is a piss-poor reproduction with no fine detail in the design , colours all wrong and the catalogue number is wrong .

But best of all is the incorrect running time on the label which corresponds nicely with the fact that they've used the available YouTube soundfile to boot with which is faded in and out and subsequently too short .... :yes:

As to why some twat forked out over £200 , gawd only knows ... :facepalm:

Edited by WoodButcher
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

Posted the above in Comedy Sale of the Day.... It can only be DJ's buying these repros as from a collectors point of view it's worthless.... Damn.... with near 30 years in print and reprographics I could produce near perfect labels and make a killing selling this crap.... which I won't do!!!

Social source share

Makes you puke. Can't see a DJ buying this rubbish.Maybe someone who likes the tunes and is resigned to never owning them on original vinyl. Perhaps a dealer might want them as file copies to avoid the problems that will inevitably arise in future when other copies come to market. If you want to hear Arthur Willis and Soul Incorporated, best to attend a venue where top jocks spin the real thing...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Soulskate70
55 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Makes you puke. Can't see a DJ buying this rubbish.Maybe someone who likes the tunes and is resigned to never owning them on original vinyl. Perhaps a dealer might want them as file copies to avoid the problems that will inevitably arise in future when other copies come to market. If you want to hear Arthur Willis and Soul Incorporated, best to attend a venue where top jocks spin the real thing...

I see the demand coming from wannabe OVO DJ's. I just can't understand why anyone would want to buy a bootleg/Repro for a three figure sum when they can just listen to a CD, MP3 or re-issue at home with nothing to prove to paying customers etc....

Social source share

48 minutes ago, Soulskate70 said:

I see the demand coming from wannabe OVO DJ's. I just can't understand why anyone would want to buy a bootleg/Repro for a three figure sum when they can just listen to a CD, MP3 or re-issue at home with nothing to prove to paying customers etc....

Maybe some novice pub-back room bootleg spinner but surely no self-respecting DJ would splash out on this trash. You can only listen to YouTube so much before wanting the records, so settling for what's available to spin at home seems the logical response (except paying hundreds for bootlegs is unbelievably stupid).

Social source share

2 hours ago, chalky said:

Just goes to prove what we knew all along, eBay do not care that it is giving bootleggers a market place.  Bootleg the first word in the description.

Yes, yet try and add an email address to any Ebay communication and they have all sorts of filters to stop it. It's a joke.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mal C said:

I and others said this would happen when that real copy came up on Evil bay a few months back, complete with very nice hi res scans of the top and flip sides...   i wont be bidding, but the scan looks great in me i-Tunes...

but this one doesn't use the scans from the recent sale, its a knocked up label with errors.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

20 minutes ago, chalky said:

but this one doesn't use the scans from the recent sale, its a knocked up label with errors.

god, I just glanced, and assumed it must be that scan.. . Christ this guy couldn't even make a good job of a bootleg could he...  what a crappy effort..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!