Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Mal C

Bootleg! Northern Soul The Hurting Is Over Arthur Willis And Sou

Recommended Posts

It's never going to fool anyone though , even in a darkened room ... :lol:

The label is a piss-poor reproduction with no fine detail in the design , colours all wrong and the catalogue number is wrong .

But best of all is the incorrect running time on the label which corresponds nicely with the fact that they've used the available YouTube soundfile to boot with which is faded in and out and subsequently too short .... :yes:

As to why some twat forked out over £200 , gawd only knows ... :facepalm:

Edited by WoodButcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted the above in Comedy Sale of the Day.... It can only be DJ's buying these repros as from a collectors point of view it's worthless.... Damn.... with near 30 years in print and reprographics I could produce near perfect labels and make a killing selling this crap.... which I won't do!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JulianB said:

£210 for a boot. What planet are these buyers/bidders from?:g:

Haven't read the rest of the thread, but I take it Mrs B. has been shopping for footwear in Alderley Edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes you puke. Can't see a DJ buying this rubbish.Maybe someone who likes the tunes and is resigned to never owning them on original vinyl. Perhaps a dealer might want them as file copies to avoid the problems that will inevitably arise in future when other copies come to market. If you want to hear Arthur Willis and Soul Incorporated, best to attend a venue where top jocks spin the real thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Makes you puke. Can't see a DJ buying this rubbish.Maybe someone who likes the tunes and is resigned to never owning them on original vinyl. Perhaps a dealer might want them as file copies to avoid the problems that will inevitably arise in future when other copies come to market. If you want to hear Arthur Willis and Soul Incorporated, best to attend a venue where top jocks spin the real thing...

I see the demand coming from wannabe OVO DJ's. I just can't understand why anyone would want to buy a bootleg/Repro for a three figure sum when they can just listen to a CD, MP3 or re-issue at home with nothing to prove to paying customers etc....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Soulskate70 said:

I see the demand coming from wannabe OVO DJ's. I just can't understand why anyone would want to buy a bootleg/Repro for a three figure sum when they can just listen to a CD, MP3 or re-issue at home with nothing to prove to paying customers etc....

Maybe some novice pub-back room bootleg spinner but surely no self-respecting DJ would splash out on this trash. You can only listen to YouTube so much before wanting the records, so settling for what's available to spin at home seems the logical response (except paying hundreds for bootlegs is unbelievably stupid).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, givemesoul said:

the guy listed it as a bootleg copy telling the morons it wasn't real

but they still bid on it:ohmy:

its a crazy world , so much for OVO , like history ,authenticity is bunk .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chalky said:

Just goes to prove what we knew all along, eBay do not care that it is giving bootleggers a market place.  Bootleg the first word in the description.

Yes, yet try and add an email address to any Ebay communication and they have all sorts of filters to stop it. It's a joke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I and others said this would happen when that real copy came up on Evil bay a few months back, complete with very nice hi res scans of the top and flip sides...   i wont be bidding, but the scan looks great in me i-Tunes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mal C said:

I and others said this would happen when that real copy came up on Evil bay a few months back, complete with very nice hi res scans of the top and flip sides...   i wont be bidding, but the scan looks great in me i-Tunes...

but this one doesn't use the scans from the recent sale, its a knocked up label with errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chalky said:

but this one doesn't use the scans from the recent sale, its a knocked up label with errors.

god, I just glanced, and assumed it must be that scan.. . Christ this guy couldn't even make a good job of a bootleg could he...  what a crappy effort..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Sign up/in to remove

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.