Hamilton Movement on ebay

Stubbsy

6 minutes ago, 1 huskyvan said:

to put this in perspective I've just bought a mint Italian lambretta sx 150 for same money 

Nice one. You love scooters other people prefer records. Each to their own innit.

I have to say that I have had thoughts of buying a scooter this year. Probably part of my mid life crisis. I had a Lambretta 200 when I was fourteen. I think that's what it was - great nic too. We used to ride it on the beach and roads around Mablethorpe. Unlawful behaviour of course but we never got done!

Social source share

45 minutes ago, chalky said:

If only Brits graded like funkyou......would be VG++ here :D

Know what you mean Chalky but his VG- is described as:

"The record may have some deeper audible scratches. There will be some clicks and pops more consistently than that of a VG record but will play without skipping."

$3,900 seems a hell of a lot of money for a record with clicks and pops which you probably can't dj with?

On Popsike there was a VG++ with a slight warp which went for $6,643 back in October 2014. I'm sure there was a more recent one sold which was talked about on here but can't find it a the moment!

Social source share

44 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

It's a super soul record. Any soul collector/dj would like one of those............................................. surely. Well I would.

Do not call me Shirley! :facepalm:

Peter

:thumbup:

It certainly is Peter, massive tune and IMO one of the best five records I've ever heard and I'd love one myself. Whenever I bump into Steve Woomble at Cleethorpes he just knows that I'm going to ask him to play this (and he always does) :thumbup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, Stubbsy said:

It certainly is Peter, massive tune and IMO one of the best five records I've ever heard and I'd love one myself. Whenever I bump into Steve Woomble at Cleethorpes he just knows that I'm going to ask him to play this (and he always does) :thumbup:

Ah, Mr Woomble! 

Yep, he's a god lad who knows a tune or two. He likes a drink or two too - just like me!

:thumbup:

Social source share

Hiya, great record. Heard it played twice this week in Hinckley, green rooms Tuesday and sketchley grange tonight.  Had some hammer over the years but still sounds great played out.  There's more copies around than most folk think. If I remember wasnt  it covered as bobby Womack ?  Cheers

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, chorleybloke said:

Floorpacker down under too, where there are at least 4 copies.  In terms of rarity, how many known copies..... 30/40ish?

There was I think 25 from the original little find back in the early 2000's, plus the odd one or two all ready out there and those found since.  Still very rare in the grand scheme of things.

Social source share

11 hours ago, Stubbsy said:

Know what you mean Chalky but his VG- is described as:

"The record may have some deeper audible scratches. There will be some clicks and pops more consistently than that of a VG record but will play without skipping."

$3,900 seems a hell of a lot of money for a record with clicks and pops which you probably can't dj with?

On Popsike there was a VG++ with a slight warp which went for $6,643 back in October 2014. I'm sure there was a more recent one sold which was talked about on here but can't find it a the moment!

Listening to the first 1min 15 secs there are no pops or jumps and what background crackle etc is gone with the music.  Sounds a pretty decent copy for a Vg- grading. His grading does say "MAY HAVE".  But like you say it is a lot of money and I would have put a full sound file up or I would want to hear the full file before parting with any money.  It isn't like the track isn't out there so a full file wouldn't have mattered.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

6 hours ago, Pga1 said:

Hiya, great record. Heard it played twice this week in Hinckley, green rooms Tuesday and sketchley grange tonight.  Had some hammer over the years but still sounds great played out.  There's more copies around than most folk think. If I remember wasnt  it covered as bobby Womack ?  Cheers

Remind me, and I'll play it for you next time I'm at the Prince of Wales :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Pga1 said:

Don't remember it being covered up, Billy Davidson I believe the first to play it around the time of the Berwick Upon Tweed weekenders.  How many copies dos you reckon?  There was 25 in the little find early 2000s, the odd couple or so about prior to this and those since......

Social source share

16 hours ago, 1 huskyvan said:

to put this in perspective I've just bought a mint Italian lambretta sx 150 for same money 

Its still  less than what I have just paid for a second hand lens for my camera. You get what you pay for.  Great tune, would have loved one in my collection

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

4 hours ago, chalky said:

Don't remember it being covered up, Billy Davidson I believe the first to play it around the time of the Berwick Upon Tweed weekenders.  How many copies dos you reckon?  There was 25 in the little find early 2000s, the odd couple or so about prior to this and those since......

Was that the West Coast - John Manship exclusive invite find Chalky?

Social source share

22 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

This record looks like a one-off...unless he's selling the worst copy first and has a stack of mint copies for the next dozen auctions...

That's what I was getting at if he had a box ot 25 L Ingram's,all the ones I've seen on there have been shagged,never seen him sell a mint one....

Social source share

38 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

That's what I was getting at if he had a box ot 25 L Ingram's,all the ones I've seen on there have been shagged,never seen him sell a mint one....

Not seen a mint one on eBay for a while but there's one for sale weekly from one dealer or another. Wilson Pickett continues to lead the way in terms of mint copies in quantity. Jason certainly offers one of the best auctions around at present and continues to bring a range of good sounds to market.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Not seen a mint one on eBay for a while but there's one for sale weekly from one dealer or another. Wilson Pickett continues to lead the way in terms of mint copies in quantity. Jason certainly offers one of the best auctions around at present and continues to bring a range of good sounds to market.

His grading was worse than ours five or 6 years ago , and he wasn't the nicest of people but that was back then obviously changed his ways 

Social source share

1 hour ago, paul shirley said:

His grading was worse than ours five or 6 years ago , and he wasn't the nicest of people but that was back then obviously changed his ways 

had loads of 45s of him over the years with no problems - well packed - reasonable postage - well graded a lot of times record better than

what expected imo

also just noticed both the highest bidders at present have feedback scores of the same 309...? just chance or...

Social source share

2 hours ago, paul shirley said:

I recently had a couple of Lps off him, Vg grading and hardly a mark on them, similar over hear would have been Ex.

Social source share

9 hours ago, chalky said:

I recently had a couple of Lps off him, Vg grading and hardly a mark on them, similar over hear would have been Ex.

6or7 years ago chalks , record jumped like crazy he refunded  me but there was a lot more to it than that , 

Edited by P S original
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

On 30/12/2016 at 22:05, 1 huskyvan said:

Also , not only does the Lambretta look fantastic , when you kick it up and sit on it that's when the fun really starts .

Try sitting on a copy of the Hamilton Movement . That's when the fun stops. Your £4000 "investment" is now in two pieces and worth fcuk all.

Social source share

2 minutes ago, dunmiedin said:

Also , not only does the Lambretta look fantastic , when you kick it up and sit on it that's when the fun really starts .

Try sitting on a copy of the Hamilton Movement . That's when the fun stops. Your £4000 "investment" is now in two pieces and worth fcuk all.

I never really bought any record so that I could kick and sit on it. I guess we all have our foibles. 

I did once buy an expensive collectors car to cook my dinner on. For some reason it didn't work and the car caught fire. Fcuk, funny that.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest 1 huskyvan
5 hours ago, Peter99 said:

I never really bought any record so that I could kick and sit on it. I guess we all have our foibles. 

I did once buy an expensive collectors car to cook my dinner on. For some reason it didn't work and the car caught fire. Fcuk, funny that.

One man's disco is another man's cross over but at end of the day both shite 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!