Twoshoes

Anyone for coffee?

What's your favourite coffee, do you grind your own beans ,only drink instant, pod machine, swear by a particular Supermarket own brand of ground ,once you've got your coffee assuming it's either ground or beans what is your chosen method of brewing, Cafetiere, stove top pot, Aeropress , machine? I've tried most methods except one of the expensive machines like a Gaggia.

I don't drink much coffee - mainly tea. If I do have one it's mainly in the style of a Latte type thing. Sort of milky and creamy. It's quite odd but I drink more coffee when I'm on holiday - Spain or Greece or wherever. Having said that it's nearly ten years since I had a proper holiday! 

I've had a bit of involvement with some Syrian families recently and I quite like their coffee. Very strong and sweet in tiny little cups. 

Peter

35 minutes ago, hornet said:

A flat white from costa ( lot ) is my choice , but prefer Nescafé & none of that decaf malarkey

So you're not a sufferer of tinnitus then?  What's it like to not have bells ringing in your ears 24/7, I've forgotten.:(

Had no hearing in my left ear 4 16 years & it rings constant , sounds like cobridge hall steel band playing , allways sit on my own @ niters as conversation is near on impossible but coffee or ale don't seem make any difference ! 

2 hours ago, hornet said:

Had no hearing in my left ear 4 16 years & it rings constant , sounds like cobridge hall steel band playing , allways sit on my own @ niters as conversation is near on impossible but coffee or ale don't seem make any difference ! 

Mine is similar and having conversations at all-nighters is often disjointed and muddled, but caffeine hits my tinnitus up a notch something chronic.  I have no problem with ale either, mercifully.

17 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Mine is similar and having conversations at all-nighters is often disjointed and muddled, but caffeine hits my tinnitus up a notch something chronic.  I have no problem with ale either, mercifully.

Bugger love coffee and I also have severe tinnitus which is a result of my job,never thought there was a connection with caffeine making it worse,might have to either cut down or cut out the coffee see if it improves matters for me.

3 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

Bugger love coffee and I also have severe tinnitus which is a result of my job,never thought there was a connection with caffeine making it worse,might have to either cut down or cut out the coffee see if it improves matters for me.

As a vegan I investigate lots of stuff that causes problems with tinnitus and other age related problems, let alone those of having a misspent youth, caffeine is a big no-no for tinnitus sufferers, I used to love Mysore coffee, but I've yet to find a decaf Mysore that has the right taste. 

15 minutes ago, hornet said:

can remember me nan used 2 have camp coffee in the 70s !! Feckin horrible 

I remember the stuff :( A quick search on the net reveals..... Camp Coffee is a brown liquid which consists of water, sugar, 4% caffeine-free coffee essence, and 26% chicoryessence. 

Best disguised with sterilised milk ?

Edited by OW31

Black coffee only for me to avoid milk which makes me ill. I have gone from instant to caffeteire to a Cuisinart bean grinding and coffee machine from Lakeland.  Sometimes Kenco instant for a quick cup but the machine is great and not too expensive. I like the coffee strong and can now try a variety of beans.

Edited by ThinkSmart

dowie eggburts for me and Yorkshire tea , cant be arsed to muck about with these fandangley machines , boil, pour,brew, drink simples ,

as for tea drinking abroad forget it ,have never had a decent brew anywhere abroad other  than when made by myself from Yorkshire tea ,

Edited by barney
spelling

Being a proud Lancastrian even though the powers that be try to make me accept Greater Manchester I don't particularly like Yorkshire Tea but have to say it beats by a mile the abomination that masquerades as Lancashire tea, bought a box once, one sip and down the sink box in the bin, don't know who buys it twice,bloody awful.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.