Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

36 minutes ago, stevegods said:

The Jacksons 50th Anniversary with Kool and the Gang ... 

Great venue ... beautiful weather .. fantastic music ... didn't think the Jacksons would be that good ... but was blown away how tight and polished they still are .. all 4 remaining Jacksons singing and playing ... 

Kool and the Gang still bang out " Jungle Boogie - Hollowood Swinging " 

Great weekend 

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG

Is that Grimsthorpe Castle?

Social source share

2 minutes ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Was out with the dogs on monday night. And what i thought was a tennis ball, fell out of the sky about 10 yards in front of me. Then 4 Magpies swooped down and started attacking it. Then i realised it was a fledgling Starling, so i ran and scattered the Magpies, the poor little fella was screaming so i picked him up. I`m not one for moving fledglings as i believe they are better off left, i stood and waited and looked to see if i could see or hear mum and dad, but sadly no, just the four magpies sat waiting on the house gutter above me. So i took him home, put him in a little box and left him, as he was in  shock. He`s been with us 3 days now, yesterday i didn`t think he was going to make it, his head was going right down. So i started getting him out and feeding him, we put a little mirror in his new storage tub home and a couple of twigs for him to perch on. He picked up straight away, i was having to force feed him at first, he was very weak. But now he`s taking the food off the end off a straw, and he`s happily sat chirping in front of his mirror on his new perches. Been taking him in the garden with me and he hops along behind me. He only flies about 3 feet, so i`ll feed him up, until he`s properly fledged, and release him in the woods where i walk the dogs.

DSC00145.JPG

joe hand.jpg

You can get them to speak if you try, they are brilliant mimics.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

50 minutes ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Was out with the dogs on monday night. And what i thought was a tennis ball, fell out of the sky about 10 yards in front of me. Then 4 Magpies swooped down and started attacking it. Then i realised it was a fledgling Starling, so i ran and scattered the Magpies, the poor little fella was screaming so i picked him up. I`m not one for moving fledglings as i believe they are better off left, i stood and waited and looked to see if i could see or hear mum and dad, but sadly no, just the four magpies sat waiting on the house gutter above me. So i took him home, put him in a little box and left him, as he was in  shock. He`s been with us 3 days now, yesterday i didn`t think he was going to make it, his head was going right down. So i started getting him out and feeding him, we put a little mirror in his new storage tub home and a couple of twigs for him to perch on. He picked up straight away, i was having to force feed him at first, he was very weak. But now he`s taking the food off the end off a straw, and he`s happily sat chirping in front of his mirror on his new perches. Been taking him in the garden with me and he hops along behind me. He only flies about 3 feet, so i`ll feed him up, until he`s properly fledged, and release him in the woods where i walk the dogs.

DSC00145.JPG

joe hand.jpg

Amazing Harry. Top man. 

Pete

Social source share

1 hour ago, TattooDave said:

You can get them to speak if you try, they are brilliant mimics.

Yes i was watching one on youtube talking Dave. The plan is to release him, i`m trying not to imprint on him too much. But yesterday his head was just drooping down all the time. Once i`d taken him out of the box and put a mirror in he perked up 100%, they are a flock bird so i just think he was finding it difficult being by himself.

Social source share

7 minutes ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Yes i was watching one on youtube talking Dave. The plan is to release him, i`m trying not to imprint on him too much. But yesterday his head was just drooping down all the time. Once i`d taken him out of the box and put a mirror in he perked up 100%, they are a flock bird so i just think he was finding it difficult being by himself.

Good luck Harry, but if he's following you down the garden he might already be imprinted too much.

Social source share

8 hours ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Yeah i thought that, we`ll see how he goes on, just happy, he`s happy and feeding at the moment :)

There's one on YouTube that is coming up for it's 13th birthday in captivity, and it speaks a lot.  Also saw one that says "Pump up the volume, dance, dance".

Social source share

1 hour ago, baz1 said:

Just on an extra ordinary job at the mo an its tuffffffff but its so rewarding cos he's a soul man just like me and to give him this garden is giving me so much,I will post a small vid of the task involved tmoz !!!!my company moto is barry goddard paving and lanscaping "built with soul" :wicked:finnished product will be on here end of next week :lol:I hope ? Nearly dead baz

IMG_20170531_083856.jpg

IMG_20170622_152710.jpg

Baz. Can I live in the garden ? :D

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Philippe said:

In the past we had plenty of swallows coming at Spring but during these last years their number reduced drastically. It seems that they are coming back, last year we saw a few of them in our village.

They bring life around the house and I love to see them flying high and singing all day long. I even know when the cats arrive by the house, hearing their shouts !

They always come back in the same nest, used by generations of swallows. Here there are four youngsters, ready to explore the outside world :

100_2533.JPG

Philippe. Nice picture. And that's a lovely description of what must be my favourite bird and time of year. Thank you

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

21 hours ago, soulandy said:

Not been on here for a bit. Was up in the Ardamurchan Peninsula of Scotland in May, Kilchoan to be exact,  what a fantastic place that is as well, highly recommended if you like peace and quiet and wildlife. The first is two seals just of the shore, the second is what I was hoping is a true Scottish wild cat but it's not a conclusive photo as it was dusk and zoomed in a bit. It was on the drive way of the cottage we were staying at and even the wild cat society can't say 100% if it's a true one or a hybrid. We know what we saw though ;-) The third is a first for me and is an adder basking on the path we were walking on :-)

P1010886.JPG

P1010913 (2).JPG

P1020148.JPG

Nice picture's Andy.  Adder definitely on my must see list. Seen a grass snake. Not even got wild Scottish Wildcats on my list.  To rare . Seen them in captivity though. Bet you where amazed to see it and so chuffed. 

Steve 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Just an update on little Josef the starling we saved from the magpies on monday. Sadly he died through the night, he started with a snuffling noise before bed last night and wasn`t well. He had a little food and we bedded him down. Got up this morning and sadly he`d gone. We tried our best, they are so fragile at this age. R.I.P LITTLE FELLA. :(

joe hand.jpg

So sad Harry but you gave him love and kindness with his short time on earth xxx Take care 

• Helpful 3
Social source share