Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

11 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Russell. I bet your glad to be back home. Not. Nice picture mate.

Steve

Just back home yesterday afternoon after three glorious weeks in Molyvos. It really is a wonderful place, and somewhere more people should visit. The refugee crisis that hit the castle-topped village on the northern tip of Lesvos is over. Tourism, however, is still down. Last year saw a 60-80% decline in tourism across the season. This year could be worse, but let's hope not. 

Glad to be back home? No way! :(

The pic was taken with a GoPro. Bought it specifically for holiday and enjoyed using it very much. Got loads of underwater video clips to string together now. Watch this space... :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 1/9/2017 at 19:36, Winsford Soul said:

Ten years ago I would have been extremely lucky to get a shot of this Little Egret in the UK more so in the north west. Today I saw three separate birds at Leigh in Lancashire ( Pennington flash )

Steve

IB2A7358 (2).JPG

We have about a dozen little Egrets and a few Great Egrets year-round up here on the Solway coast (Campfield Marsh).

Dx

• Helpful 3
Social source share

2 hours ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Went to the toilet at 4.30am this morning. Went back to bed and laid wide awake, before getting up and taking my little smooth fox terrier Rosie for a couple of hours on the local beach. We had a lovely time, and it was a glorious morning, in beautiful surroundings. Best part of the day for me :)

TUESDAY 2.JPG

TUESDAY 6.JPG

TUESDAY 12.JPG

TUESDAY 14.JPG

TUESDAY 17.JPG

Hi Harry

Where's your other mate?

Peter

Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Harry

Where's your other mate?

Peter

He was fast asleep at home. I used to take Rosie to this place all the time before we got Bob, and not really had any one on one time with her since getting Bob, so i gave her a treat this morning mate. Hope your ok Pete? Di sends her love, all the best mate-H

Social source share

25 minutes ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

He was fast asleep at home. I used to take Rosie to this place all the time before we got Bob, and not really had any one on one time with her since getting Bob, so i gave her a treat this morning mate. Hope your ok Pete? Di sends her love, all the best mate-H

Phew! I felt a bit worried about Bob. 

Yep, I'm ok Harry - not been too well this year and back at hospital on Thursday but I'm ok.

Love to you and Di.

Pete

:thumbsup:

Social source share

4 minutes ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Superb photo Steve, see a lot of these on the swale, usually hear them before you see them. A loud "Peeep" and a flash of electric blue. I always like to think they bring me good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks Harry. Just got lucky today. Actually perched  in front of me when I got to Pennington Flash. Your so right about the Peeep and blue flash and then normally gone 

Steve

Social source share

14 minutes ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Wrote by myself, one fishless sunny day on the swale.

A SHORT POEM WROTE BY MYSELF. ABOUT MY FAVOURITE BIRD. 
          THE KING OF THE RIVER,

A LOUD “PEEEEP” AND A FLASH OF ELECTRIC BLUE.
THAT`S WHAT YOU SEE & HEAR
WHEN NATURE HAS SHOWED IT`S FINEST TO YOU

THERE HE SITS ON HIS FAVOURITE PERCH
HEAD ON ONE SIDE WATCHING HIS DINNER
ANOTHER BLUE FLASH AND A LOUD “PLONK”
A BEAK FULL OF MINNOW.

A SHAKE OF HIS PLUMAGE TO DRY HIMSELF OFF
A SMALL TAP ON HIS PERCH
AND HIS DINNER IS STUNNED.

THEN IT`S OF TO HIS LAIR, UNDERNEATH THE WILLOWS
HIGH IN THE BANK
JUST BEYOND THE SHALLOWS.

HE BRIGHTENS MY FISHLESS DAY
THAT LITTLE JOY GIVER
WITH HIS BRIGHT BLUE COAT
AND LOVELY ORANGE SHIRT
OH TO FISH LIKE THE KING OF THE RIVER.

Fantastic H. Fantastic 

Steve 

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Ian Hockings said:

Did you know there are beeeaters at.a quarry Loughborough 

Yes. Thanks Ian. There's been a few pictures posted on Flickr recently.  Bit far from home for me but you never know. Such a stunning bird is hard to resist.  Story of my life. :yes:

Steve 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, stateside said:

A recent trip to Portmeirion with relatives over from Oz. The food is fantastic and everything is much improved since our last visit about 10 yrs ago, when it was looking a bit tired.

_AAA7913.JPG

_AAA7955.JPG

_AAA7953.JPG

_AAA7971.JPG

_AAA7898.JPG

Lovely place, went there many years ago and a male chaffinch flew in through the car window and sat on the dash waiting for crumbs from our sandwiches.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

21 hours ago, stateside said:

A recent trip to Portmeirion with relatives over from Oz. The food is fantastic and everything is much improved since our last visit about 10 yrs ago, when it was looking a bit tired.

_AAA7913.JPG

_AAA7955.JPG

_AAA7953.JPG

_AAA7971.JPG

_AAA7898.JPG

Love Port Meirion. It reallyis a fantastic place to see.  

Steve 

Social source share