Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

On 12 July 2017 at 19:06, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Harry. Just got lucky today. Actually perched  in front of me when I got to Pennington Flash. Your so right about the Peeep and blue flash and then normally gone 

Steve

Once had one land on my rod when out salmon fishing.

Dx

Social source share

1 hour ago, Philippe said:

Fantastic pictures Steve !!!

Thank you my friend.  Your word's  are very much appreciated 

Steve 

PS. I've taken your advice and entered three of my photographs into a competition.  Will keep you posted as and when or if  I hear anything 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

50 minutes ago, SHSDave said:

This chap had just landed halfway up the cliff face in Dover Kent to enjoy the lunch that he had just caught. Not as sharp as I'd like but I was shooting hand held 70 - 200mm (fortunately f4 not the twice as heavy f2.8) looking upwards & being blown around by very strong winds !

I know nothing about birds so can anyone tell me what this is ?

Thanks

Dave

DSC_9739 (2).jpgnik.jpgabb.jpg

It's a male kestrel (Falco tinnunculus).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, SHSDave said:

This chap had just landed halfway up the cliff face in Dover Kent to enjoy the lunch that he had just caught. Not as sharp as I'd like but I was shooting hand held 70 - 200mm (fortunately f4 not the twice as heavy f2.8) looking upwards & being blown around by very strong winds !

I know nothing about birds so can anyone tell me what this is ?

Thanks

Dave

DSC_9739 (2).jpgnik.jpgabb.jpg

Dave. Russell. Beat me to. its  a Kestrel. Nice picture by the way

Definitely need to go on the weights. I own 70 -200 f2.8L is usm mk 2. Hand held.  Don't even know that I'm using it.

I normally lug round a 500mm f4 L is usm mk2. Even that's ok for a few hours

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

Thanks Steve :thumbsup: hope you're well.

haha you're probably right mate but doubt I'd be able to pick up the bar let alone the weights :D

I do use it hand held though prefer to stick it on a tripod when able to, think it was the wind blowing as much as anything & being on uneven footing at the base of the cliffs ................ that's my excuse anyway. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, SHSDave said:

Thanks Steve :thumbsup: hope you're well.

haha you're probably right mate but doubt I'd be able to pick up the bar let alone the weights :D

I do use it hand held though prefer to stick it on a tripod when able to, think it was the wind blowing as much as anything & being on uneven footing at the base of the cliffs ................ that's my excuse anyway. 

I'm good thanks mate. :D

Hopefully your keeping well. :hatsoff2: I would be more worried about the cliff falling on me in the strong winds. :yes: or damaging my camera and lenses :ohmy:

Steve 

Social source share

4 minutes ago, SWIFTY said:

ssplant.thumb.jpg.9b46270c144413f959c4c727d8511d91.jpg

Don't really know how I managed this lol , not a great photo I know but can anybody tell me what they are ? Mum gave me a cutting of one of hers and the bloody things grow like triffids , lovely colours though

Swifty:thumbsup:

It's the biggest aspidistra in the world.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

11 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

Don't really know how I managed this lol , not a great photo I know but can anybody tell me what they are ? Mum gave me a cutting of one of hers and the bloody things grow like triffids , lovely colours though

Looks like a Canna Lily.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

It's a Canna, Wyoming is the variety.

Edited by TattooDave
because I could
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

12 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

Swifty. I can see that they've gone to pot mate :lol::lol: well I thought it was funny.

Steve

Social source share

On 29/07/2017 at 08:47, martyn pitt said:

We went there on my birthday Steve, nice place Ludlow ... looks like you were there for the knight, we only went for the day  :wicked: 

Did you manage to get Carol to spoil you mate ? I wanted to be there over knight but apparently that's still illegal in Ludlow. You started it :g:

Steve

Social source share