Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Stunning mate. Bet your a proper proud Dad

Steve 

I do know I'm a soft touch with her Steve.  I looked after her shop on Monday and Tuesday while she went out gallivanting.  That photo was taken for the Evening News and Star, the Carlisle local rag, and they cropped her two mates off and put Kathryn on the front page with the headline "Here Come The Girls".

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 03/08/2017 at 23:36, NCFC said:

Swifts are on the move. Large numbers heading south over Norfolk. 

Seen a few yesterday morning on my way to work.  None today . Maybe see the odd stragglers but not expecting any really.  Sad . Hate it when they go, sign of thing's to come. 

Steve 

Social source share

On 12/08/2017 at 19:16, stevegods said:

After the Red Arrows left Falmouth the clouds left their own score on the event 😜

and sunset at Sennen 

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

Nice photos of the red arrows we were watching this whilst camping at tregedna farm near meanporth.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 17:40, Bruv said:

Here's a few pictures I took from last Sunday at the Mopar National's which is held every year on the last weekend of July at Santa Pod Raceway, this is a very popular event with owners of American Muscle Cars, much better than a static car show as you have the chance to drive or watch the cars in action on the pods famous quarter of a mile drag strip.         :):hatsoff2:

Great post of the Mopar Nats Barry, no need to ask if you had a good time! Best wishes Bruv!

Edited by BabyBoyAndMyLass
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

47 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Dylan ,

Nice.... we went to Falmouth to see Martha Reeves at the Pavillion ... but where camping at Trevedra Farm in Sennen about two miles from Lands End ... been going there since my 20's ... love Cornwall 

Same 'ere, lived 'ere now twenty years nearly, never regretted moving down from the north-west, different way of life, values etc...Spiritual heartland, gave up on the rat race and everyday visit somewhere awesome, pay bills playing in bands and doing car repairs/sales from a rundown old shed.

Social source share

sorry forgot the text.

this is the view from our garden, it is in las nunas, Ecuador.

I could post pics of wonderful birds and butterflies that we have in abundance in the garden, but there are so many it would never end.

we are moving to a beach house at the weekend, oh happy days !

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 16:32, jules said:

sorry forgot the text.

this is the view from our garden, it is in las nunas, Ecuador.

I could post pics of wonderful birds and butterflies that we have in abundance in the garden, but there are so many it would never end.

we are moving to a beach house at the weekend, oh happy days !

Jules. That looks idyllic . 

Steve

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Lovely picture Russell 

Steve 

Thanks, Steve. Some geese flew over the other evening, very low. Thought it'd make for a great pic, but didn't have a camera to hand. Heard geese again last night, so went out on the off chance and a minute or two later these ones came along. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Twoshoes said:

This made me smile and brought back memories of my dear departed Mum and Dad who used the term, not heard it used for a long time, thanks for the memory Russ

I'm delighted it brought back a happy memory. No idea where I picked that up from, but it's one I've always used. It probably comes from my own parents. :)

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Chris. Still Swifts about over Pennington flash. Must admit I have never seen them this late in August. Normally see the last around 7th

Steve

None here for a couple of weeks. Might be something to do with gulf stream. 

My mate lost all 14 pigeons he sent to Guernsey Saturday. 

Social source share

8 hours ago, NCFC said:

None here for a couple of weeks. Might be something to do with gulf stream. 

My mate lost all 14 pigeons he sent to Guernsey Saturday. 

14 pigeons is a big loss. Something must have happened.  

Talking to one of the regular birders at Pennington flash and he actually has records of Swifts in September.  It's a big freshwater lake full of insect life and in the West of the country and I think further south than Norfolk so perfect fueling point before migration 

Steve 

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

14 pigeons is a big loss. Something must have happened.  

Talking to one of the regular birders at Pennington flash and he actually has records of Swifts in September.  It's a big freshwater lake full of insect life and in the West of the country and I think further south than Norfolk so perfect fueling point before migration 

Steve 

Think swifts follow the food source rather than climate.He thinks his pigeons ended up in France or ditched in North Sea.

Edited by NCFC
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Escultura de arena

This picture was on Flickr.  Sand sculpture like I have never seen before. Simply stunning. Antonio Cha not sure if he's the sculpture or the photographer but it was on the beach at Marbella 

Steve 

He's the photographer Steve, Antonio Chacon, well known for landscapes and sunsets on the coast.

Dave

• Up vote 1
Social source share