Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

We live 15 mins away from Alcufar in Menorca...............In fact I had lunch there on Wednesday!

And yes the island is a nature lovers paradise, when I take Clyde for his walk I can almost guarantee finding at least one tortoise. Fish, gecko's, snakes, and the birds are amazing, especially around migration time. Sadly, I'm crap with a camera, with the odd few happy snappys with my phone.....

If you walk the cami's you also need to look out for Mules....

In March, there is a "March in March" where a gang of brave souls walk the cami's 185km for animal charities......

x

(sorry this was in response to the last post, laptop threw a wobble and couldn't quote it)

Edited by crazylegs
Social source share

4 hours ago, Russell Gilbert said:

The BBC News website has a line-up of winning entries from the Bird Photographer of the Year Award. All great pics, but some are especially stunning and most certainly worth a look...

http://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-41161968

Hard to choose a favourite from this selection. Some good photographs. Thanks for sharing Russell.

Social source share

18 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

Hard to choose a favourite from this selection. Some good photographs. Thanks for sharing Russell.

18 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Yep thanks Russ - some great photographs. I'm no expert - but I know what I like, and I would put some of my SS friends photographs up with them. We get plenty of "wow" pictures on here. 

Pete

:hatsoff2:

You're welcome. It was definitely worth sharing. Absolutely true, there are many stunning photos on here. Maybe we should have a little competition...

Social source share

@TattooDave Dave I used to be scared of spiders but I lived with my sister a few year back for nearly 2 years in West Sussex...seeing someone more frightened of them than me actually made me a little braver in catching them and putting outside...However this one? well it's huge and so have closed the door till I pluck up courage to go back in there LOL.

Social source share

36 minutes ago, Venus said:

@TattooDave Dave I used to be scared of spiders but I lived with my sister a few year back for nearly 2 years in West Sussex...seeing someone more frightened of them than me actually made me a little braver in catching them and putting outside...However this one? well it's huge and so have closed the door till I pluck up courage to go back in there LOL.

My sister sucks them up with the vacuum cleaner :lol:..... I just live with them, keeps the fly population down.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Venus said:

@TattooDave Dave I used to be scared of spiders but I lived with my sister a few year back for nearly 2 years in West Sussex...seeing someone more frightened of them than me actually made me a little braver in catching them and putting outside...However this one? well it's huge and so have closed the door till I pluck up courage to go back in there LOL

I have a spider's web on the balcony that I feed with flies or mosquitoes, inserted with tweezers, I rely on the geckos to keep the population of them down to a manageable level, but I still get bitten regularly by mosquitoes, and the flies are a pain when eating outside.  The moths here get into everything, including porridge oats, so they aren't encouraged either, but I do try not to kill anything, even the ants, which I strongly believe will eventually take over the world.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Venus said:

Venus.  Hope you're well. If I lived closer to you I would call round and evict the spider for you. 

Steve.  X

2 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

My sister sucks them up with the vacuum cleaner :lol:..... I just live with them, keeps the fly population down.

Ste  your Denise has always been a tough un mate. :D. Hope you're well bud.:hatsoff2: You going Dawson's reunion week Saturday?  

Steve 

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Looks lovely Mal.

Pete

That Donkey gave us the runaround Pete, we let him eat on our hike over the mountains, buggar stopped every two mins, even our kids were faster than that bloody donkey! Still he carried my youngest and all the bags... 

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Mal C said:

That Donkey gave us the runaround Pete, we let him eat on our hike over the mountains, buggar stopped every two mins, even our kids were faster than that bloody donkey! Still he carried my youngest and all the bags... 

Says it all, from the blurb we were given on donkeys

IMG_0959.JPG

• Up vote 2
Social source share

29 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Ah, thats lovely mate. 

Thanks.

Pete

Social source share

21 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Venus.  Hope you're well. If I lived closer to you I would call round and evict the spider for you. 

Steve.  X

Ste  your Denise has always been a tough un mate. :D. Hope you're well bud.:hatsoff2: You going Dawson's reunion week Saturday?  

Steve 

Hi Ste , didn't realise there was a reunion, i'll be at the 100 club that night mate.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Gaz. You never know what or who you might find in somewhere like that mate. Maybe even some old soulies dressed like they did in the seventies who think it's cool and clever to still dress like that now. :lol:

Nice pictures by the way. Trust you and the lovely Debs are well. :thumbup:

Steve

........... you know what I thought I could hear Ruby Andrews drifting through the tree's

We're good Ste. and yourself.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I'll be the one that's heavily tattooed, once seen - never forgotten

We did have a thread once where we posted up some pictures of ourselves - obviously very well handpicked! I'm stuck in a time warp - I think everyone still looks like they did back in the early 80's!

:elvis:

Pete

• Up vote 2
Social source share

12 hours ago, Peter99 said:

We did have a thread once where we posted up some pictures of ourselves - obviously very well handpicked! I'm stuck in a time warp - I think everyone still looks like they did back in the early 80's!

:elvis:

Pete

I generate that time warp.  I could also say I look like a cross between Popeye and Captain Haddock.  So, if you have an imagination you could just about find me in any crowd.

Social source share