Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

On 10/22/2017 at 18:30, martyn pitt said:

This young Peregrine was chasing everything and anything on the reservoir yesterday, at one point it even had a go at a Goose 

550_134.jpg.213bf7eeb0d75a0e3e8fe11a6308400c.jpg

550_119-1.jpg.1593271ad3fa1e98c92b68e5cef4d45a.jpg

looks like it's a ringed bird, like they do with them on Nottingham Uni. Are most wild Peregrines ringed? - fantastic photo

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, billb said:

looks like it's a ringed bird, like they do with them on Nottingham Uni. Are most wild Peregrines ringed? - fantastic photo

It appears to be a bird ringed by the local ringing group, the colour is the identifier, unfortunately the bird did not land to get a clear ID on the number, and in flight they tuck the undercarriage up so the markings are obscured by feathers.

Generally the birds are ringed as chicks at the nest, we believe that this bird is 2H a locally ringed bird

Just to add love those underwater shots :thumbsup:

Edited by martyn pitt
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

52 minutes ago, baz1 said:

Would be nice to see a pic with something at the side of it dave to show off its bonsai glory :D

I thought about that too, but the balcony has so many plants on it that getting a decent backdrop is very difficult.  However, I thought this might confuse you even more.

DSC05663.thumb.png.22db87a4b1ea6ee0ee19cdc0c5bfea0c.png

The bear stands about 1.5" tall, though is sitting here.  I made him a few years ago.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest woolie mark
On 11/3/2017 at 07:55, Mal C said:

Beach on Cassis, Southern France, shot from the hip...

BC64B58C-615E-43EF-985B-97377F249D78.jpeg

I love Cassis, one of my favourite places to escape the madness of Marseille.  The local wine is excellent too. Thanks for posting Mal :thumbsup:

Social source share

The winning images in the 2017 British Wildlife Photography Awards can be viewed via the link below to Sky News.

While some of them are excellent, I can't help but think that as far as some of the others are concerned, we've had better on here.

http://news.sky.com/story/british-wildlife-photography-awards-2017-11118317

What's your opinion, guys and gals?

• Up vote 3
Social source share

29 minutes ago, Russell Gilbert said:

The winning images in the 2017 British Wildlife Photography Awards can be viewed via the link below to Sky News.

While some of them are excellent, I can't help but think that as far as some of the others are concerned, we've had better on here.

http://news.sky.com/story/british-wildlife-photography-awards-2017-11118317

What's your opinion, guys and gals?

Thanks for posting Russell. As you say some very good photographs but in my humble opinion like yours, there's better pictures posted  on here . I was under the same impression regarding the BBC Country file calendar .

Steve

• Up vote 2
Social source share