Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

21 hours ago, Philippe said:

Mushrooms are my second passion after Music, now this is the season of "girolles" (Cantarellus cibarius) : http://mushroom-collecting.com/mushroomchanterelle.html and yesterday afternoon I picked plenty of them in the woods. They are some delicious mushrooms, me and my cats love them  !

100_2498.JPG

100_2499.JPG

You can send some to me Philippe, I love mushrooms

Social source share

4 hours ago, TattooDave said:

You can send some to me Philippe, I love mushrooms

Hey Dave, I send the pictures it's not that bad ! ;o)

To send them to you I'd have to dry them, but I never did that. I give the girolles to friends and neighbours, and also I cook them and put them in boxes in the freezer, though not too long : it's better to eat them in the next 6 months.

I believe in Spain there are a lot of mushrooms lovers, right ?

Social source share

36 minutes ago, Philippe said:

Hey Dave, I send the pictures it's not that bad ! ;o)

To send them to you I'd have to dry them, but I never did that. I give the girolles to friends and neighbours, and also I cook them and put them in boxes in the freezer, though not too long : it's better to eat them in the next 6 months.

I believe in Spain there are a lot of mushrooms lovers, right ?

A lot of mushroom lovers and lots of mushroom hunters, if you know where to look and when you can eat well for weeks.  I'll just have to make do with dried ones from the shop.  Enjoy your harvest.

Social source share

11 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

We'll have to get some stoneware clay next time Kathryn orders some clay, as we only have earthenware clay in the shop.  Here's one she threw with some school buff wedged with a bit of commercial white earthenware.....

20170612_201032.thumb.jpg.27e5867934f2128e8e5e0dba42455e38.jpg

Nice crackle, that looks good for first attempts at raku.  I bought a large piece in Rethymno, Crete, a bowl, same colour but with a wide oxidised stripe through it.  It's still unwrapped at my father's. 

Social source share

Just now, Winsford Soul said:

Harry. No keeping indoors with these two mate

Steve

Too bloody right Steve, the one on the left Rosie is 2 years old and the one on the right is Bob, he`s 10 months old, they are not related we got Rosie from a rescue centre when she was 1 year old, and we got Bob this April, from a Breeder in Exmouth, he`s royalty lol, he`s got a massive pedigree, 5 generations, his grandad was Best in Terrier group at crufts 2007. To be honest Steve, ive had Jack russells all my life, and had never heard of this breed, had heard of the wire haired fox terriers, but not the smooth haired. They are one of britains oldest breeds, ive traced them back to the 1700`s, really fascinating, apparently the jack russells were bread down from these and other terriers. They are real working dogs, the older one is teaching young Bob how to hunt at the moment, it`s great to watch, she shows him rabbit runs and rat holes under bushes. I have a mate who has a farm with a big hay barn, last year i took Rosie, he used an old stihl saw engine, with a length of hose from the exhaust into the rat holes to flush them, and Rosie & his two Jack russells were left to it, great fun. 39 came out that day. We are going back in a few months and taking Bob this time. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, suzannek said:

Hi Steve  beauriful pic.  I think it is a Southern Marsh Orchid rather than Common Spotted Orchid 

Suz x

Hi Suz.   I'm  down in Pembrokeshire at the moment so the Southern Marsh Orchid would fit in nicely. Thank you.

Got my most eagerly awaited trip of the year tomorrow, getting the boat over to Skomer island to see the Puffins , Guillemots, Razorbills etc and hopefully Short Eared Owls. So with a bit of luck I should have some pictures  to share 

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Hi Suz.   I'm  down in Pembrokeshire at the moment so the Southern Marsh Orchid would fit in nicely. Thank you.

Got my most eagerly awaited trip of the year tomorrow, getting the boat over to Skomer island to see the Puffins , Guillemots, Razorbills etc and hopefully Short Eared Owls. So with a bit of luck I should have some pictures  to share 

Steve

Great look forward to seeing the photos.  The Southern Marsh is similar to my Northern Marsh apart from it is taller and mine is darker.  The Northern Marsh hybridise with Common Spotted and other Orchids.  Wonderful flowers 

Suz x

Edited by suzannek
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, ZoomSoulBlue said:

Back garden - onto river nene Stanground - great having swans visit / down site is they crap all over the place lol

Wow! Nice back garden. Have you any other pictures to give us some context please mate?

thanks

Pete

Social source share

17 hours ago, NCFC said:

A rare classic 

IMG_20170614_143632_343.jpg

That's something I don't miss.  One step up from newspaper.  The Royal Navy were still using it in the early 80's.  Luckily the introduction of sewage treatment plants on board meant the introduction of soft toilet paper.

Social source share

On 6/14/2017 at 21:48, Winsford Soul said:

Puffins re affirming there bond to each other

Steve

IB2A0796 (2).JPG

All of your pictures are great Steve. However, the Puffin collection are absolutely stunning - worthy of any wildlife magazine/website. 

Well done mate.

Pete

• Helpful 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

All of your pictures are great Steve. However, the Puffin collection are absolutely stunning - worthy of any wildlife magazine/website. 

Well done mate.

Pete

Thank you my friend :hatsoff2:Your kind words are much appreciated .

Hope your keeping well. :thumbup:

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share