Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

5 minutes ago, suzannek said:

Much as I like a bit of sun now and again, I love my area and I think with a dusting of snow it looks even prettier. It is also seasonal. Best wishes 

I know what you mean Suz, but I had several winters in Minnesota and several in Toronto when I'd frequently be on my backside after falling in the snow, so I'll stick with the sunshine for now.  You do live in a beautiful part of the UK, but I wouldn't trade the weather.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, crazylegs said:

Ill share some Menorca blue skies with you, and a shot of our neighbours................. the winter is the only time the fields are green, once the big sunshine comes, its turns a very dusty brown!

I'm heading to the UK on Monday, PLEASE can you all do the sunshine dance in readiness for me........

xx

20161230_125051.jpg

20170101_142908.jpg

Wish I had a pool! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

18 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

And that's no bull :P

Steve

Ive named him Ferdinand the bull, (as I am anti bull fighting).......................  you need to read the book

2 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Wish I had a pool and wish it was in Spain!

LOL

Its cold here too Peter, although we are lucky and don't have snow.

Pools are a great luxury in the summer, but lots of cleaning and upkeep comes with them all year, so even tho we aren't using it at the mo, it still has to  be maintained....

x

Edited by crazylegs
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, crazylegs said:

Ive named him Ferdinand the bull, (as I am anti bull fighting).......................  you need to read the book

Its cold here too Peter, although we are lucky and don't have snow.

Pools are a great luxury in the summer, but lots of cleaning and upkeep comes with them all year, so even tho we aren't using it at the mo, it still has to  be maintained....

x

Sharon. Steve coming back with you and will you be playing out ?

Steve

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Sharon. Steve coming back with you and will you be playing out ?

Steve

Hi Steve

I'm doing a flying visit (literally :)) alone as my niece has just given birth and made me a 'great aunt', so I need to go and get a cuddle in, Steve over in a couple of months, Ill let you know when. He did that M's revival last time, dunno if its on again......

Ill keep you posted

x

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 1/2/2017 at 11:53, soulandy said:

Good to see another year of photo's. Not posted for a bit but keep looking and there's some great shots from around the world. Just missed last years end so out of the two today I have included a shot taken from the Summit of Moel Siabod on December 28th 2016 looking across to Snowdon and the Glyderau mountains, Snowdonia. The second picture is looking across to Moel Siabod from Snowdon on New Years Day 2017. Two great days in the mountains over the festive break. Happy soulful new year to all :-)

20161228_120417.jpg

P1020949.JPG

Beautiful!  Isn't Snowdonia from whence Groucho Marx was supposed to have come in one of The Marx Brothers' '30s films???  :lol::lol::lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 1/18/2017 at 12:34, TattooDave said:

I know what you mean Suz, but I had several winters in Minnesota and several in Toronto when I'd frequently be on my backside after falling in the snow, so I'll stick with the sunshine for now.  You do live in a beautiful part of the UK, but I wouldn't trade the weather.

You wouldn't have liked winters in Winnipeg, way back before Global warming, then.  We used to have 5 months with snow on the ground!  We used to travel south to Minnesota to warm up!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

3 hours ago, RobbK said:

You wouldn't have liked winters in Winnipeg, way back before Global warming, then.  We used to have 5 months with snow on the ground!  We used to travel south to Minnesota to warm up!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

The wide open plains of Winnipeg are feared by most mortal men Robb, the savage winds especially.  Strangely, the Minnesotans used to say they only had two seasons, winter and July.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

looks like a siskin, but I could be wrong!  I'm better at trees! That's an alder.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Jones said:

A Few more from today, Long tail tit, Great tit, From the size of these and the noise they made, i'm assuming a pair of Ravens (never seen any round here before).Need some help with the next one ?? and when i got back on to the bottom of my street these flock of Waxwings were on the roof opposite

DSC00841.JPG

Edited by TattooDave
I'm a dumbass
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Johnny Jones said:

Thanks, I thought it might be , was stood in mud, a dog on either side pulling me in different directions trying to get a better shot but to no avail :)

Shame it wasn't a male, they are easier to identify, it almost fits into the LBJ category (not the former US President, but Little Brown Job)

Social source share

1 hour ago, martyn pitt said:

It looks like a female Siskin to me as well Dave, especially with what it is feeding on 

I must admit that they are one of my favourite little birds, my father used to breed them to cross with canaries, so I have seen a few close to.  I am surprised I was right though.

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Yes Dave :thumbup: . A male in its rather drab winter plumage, sorry for not posting what it was

Steve

It's about the easiest one to identify for me, most of them can be confusing, apart from the Snow Bunting of course.  I've seen the painted bunting, but couldn't get a photo at the time.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

22 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

It's about the easiest one to identify for me, most of them can be confusing, apart from the Snow Bunting of course.  I've seen the painted bunting, but couldn't get a photo at the time.

Never heard of never mind seen a painted bunting Dave, is it a southern European species ?

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

36 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

The perch never stood a chance .The Heron was stood motionless about fifteen feet away when it suddenly flew up and landed and struck out in the same movement. How it even saw the fish in the murky water never mind catch it

Steve

IB2A7669 (2).JPG

Wow! That's good enough to be published and win competitions. Well done Steve, you're a professional in my book.

Brilliant.

Pete

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 12/01/2017 at 15:50, martyn pitt said:

A couple of shots of Waxwing, a scarce visitor to our shores from northern Europe and Scandinavia, some years we get good numbers other years they are few and far between, this year has been quite good for them.

Birdwatchers travel miles to see them ... I took these shots from my bedroom window :D, saved going out in the rain and sleet.

Cracking shots. We had a flock of Fieldfares and Redwings together in our garden here on the Wirral a few years back when it was really cold. Anyone seen any of those this year

• Helpful 1
Social source share

23 minutes ago, stateside said:

Cracking shots. We had a flock of Fieldfares and Redwings together in our garden here on the Wirral a few years back when it was really cold. Anyone seen any of those this year

Yes mate. Seen plenty but not in suitable or good enough light for any pictures. they're both lovely looking birds though. You never know I may get chance over the next few weeks for some photo opportunities before they head off back to Scandinavia .

There,s a great nighter on Saturday just round the corner from you at the Springfield hotel on the A55. If your going please come and say Hi

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 19:43, Winsford Soul said:

The perch never stood a chance .The Heron was stood motionless about fifteen feet away when it suddenly flew up and landed and struck out in the same movement. How it even saw the fish in the murky water never mind catch it

Steve

IB2A7669 (2).JPG

For all our sophisticated Tackle, Designer baits and even Fish finders, we're still rank amateurs when compared to a Heron.

Stunning Photo Ste.

• Helpful 2
Social source share