SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017-Keeps On Keeping On

Kev John

8 minutes ago, Addio said:

I'm in for a scolding as well but have always loved Rose Royce and this is Gwen at her very best.

She's abdolutely gorgeous :wub::wub::wub: and the fellas are soooo cool! Always look like they're really enjoying themselves too. Love their music and the vids. 

Pete

Social source share

19 hours ago, Peter99 said:

First Rock and Roll post for 2017. And as tradition always dictates it's the old lad from Hull. :wicked:

:thumbup:

Tut,tut Peter,such a narrow view..........you know my new years resolution was to give up sequined jumpsuits & plastic sandals but obviously you haven't :wicked::P

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Mr Byrd pushing things to the limits as usual !!! Not with the tunes ....................i'm on about the statement from him claiming to have a friend !!!!:huh::Dxx

Here's a nice tune for a Sunday morning  i picked up ages ago ....hope you like it......Willie West  "I'm back again "

• Helpful 2
Social source share

5 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Played this out on Friday & got a good reaction which I was chuffed with,if you love a girl group dancer like me this is up there with the best imo?Can't believe it's never been given a proper go in the past?

The Shades Of Jade-Why Does It Feel So Right Dore

It brought this to mind straight away for me, or is it just old cloth ears here hearing what he wants to :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, jam66 said:

It brought this to mind straight away for me, or is it just old cloth ears here hearing what he wants to :g:

Yes I hear that a bit?Must admit on not been the greatest when someone say "oh it sound like........" I usually don't hear it :(

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

2 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Yes I hear that a bit?Must admit on not been the greatest when someone say "oh it sound like........" I usually don't hear it :(

Cheers

Martyn

It's nagging at me now though, with it being such a mod thing that some radio jock/programme used it as some sort of theme.

Nice for last night, good when something goes down well.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Well that's your Sunday sorted :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Mike Raven (figures), but by The Mike Cotton Sound. Before you ask yes it's the interwebs and there is such a site, as well as one for every radio station jingle ever broadcast in the UK; and they call us obsessive:yes:

Now what the hell do I do the rest of the day????

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, jam66 said:

Mike Raven (figures), but by The Mike Cotton Sound. Before you ask yes it's the interwebs and there is such a site, as well as one for every radio station jingle ever broadcast in the UK; and they call us obsessive:yes:

Now what the hell do I do the rest of the day????

:lol::lol:.......nice one.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 20:24, Patto said:

The 2017 thread has got off to a stonking start.Dont panic i said Stonking not Stomping :wicked:.

Next up from me another Northern Anthem that seems to have been left on the shelf in recent times even at oldies events.This one took me a while to find an original, one of those thats harder to find than people might think.

played it all last year at nunny  one of Nuneaton's  floor fillers .very hard to find on original the copies .lots of boots or repressed  .Great choice . 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

22 minutes ago, redditchcrew said:

played it all last year at nunny  one of Nuneaton's  floor fillers .very hard to find on original the copies .lots of boots or repressed  .Great choice . 

Great to hear its getting some action Ian.As you say lots of The look a like boots around tough on a real un

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, jam66 said:

It's nagging at me now though, with it being such a mod thing that some radio jock/programme used it as some sort of theme.

Nice for last night, good when something goes down well.

You're absolutely  right about that  !!!!! And with records too !!!:g:

Social source share

British being my first love, I recently picked this up on a nice Vocalion demo.

A bit of a cheapo on the US Peacock release, the UK one's passed me by until now.

The other side which is a crossover effort suffers from sounding like it was recorded in a Tin Can.

Nice R'n'B mover:

Don Fletcher "I'm so Glad" 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Keeper said:

Nice tune Martyn ...new to me .....but i do hope you haven't bought just cos i said you were bullshitting about having a friend !!!!???:D

Neil

You need to get out more.......it's one that's big with the kids :wicked:

Will you stop trying to force friends on me I'm quite happy been in a gang of one...........the rounds are cheaper............sorry that's a drink joke having never bought one you won't have got it :lol::lol::thumbup:

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

One from waaay back. Funky/R&B enough for a spin today? Being on the dance floor mainly and having always been a part timer with the collecting I used to under rate the Jay Boy label for some inexplicable reason, too common then?? Another affordable good tune.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

9 hours ago, jam66 said:

One from waaay back. Funky/R&B enough for a spin today? Being on the dance floor mainly and having always been a part timer with the collecting I used to under rate the Jay Boy label for some inexplicable reason, too common then?? Another affordable good tune.

Brilliant tune ....used to get played a bit  when i started venturing out !!! Have played it on a few of the occasions i have dj'd ....most definitely could or should replace some of the more expensive but inferior tunes played at the mo !!!!???

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 06/01/2017 at 13:34, Stormcock said:

Played this album for the first time in eons. This was one of the standouts and has largely been forgottem. A shame 'cos its georgeous.

Couldn't help noticing this has the same tune as the excellent James Gadson 'Got to find my baby' (Cream) posted last week by Mick Sway. Interesting not the same backing or words, just the same melody - wonder if the writing credits are the same? 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Couldn't help noticing this has the same tune as the excellent James Gadson 'Got to find my baby' (Cream) posted last week by Mick Sway. Interesting not the same backing or words, just the same melody - wonder if the writing credits are the same? 

Wasn't aware of this version at all Chris. Thanks for posting. Though I'll stick with the James Gadson.

This version of the Little Anthony classic, is one for the soul police.

Hardly "soul" I know but I just love the production on it. LP only I think.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Mick Sway said:

Wasn't aware of this version at all Chris. Thanks for posting. Though I'll stick with the James Gadson.

This version of the Little Anthony classic, is one for the soul police.

Hardly "soul" I know but I just love the production on it. LP only I think.

Hi Mick, just for the record it wasn't me that posted it initially, I just copied and commented.

James Gadson for me too I think, remember buying it years ago and couldn't believe it was so cheap and apparently unknown. Charles Wright still a classy bit of crossover though and a grower I think.

'Going out of my head' just one of those tunes, love it. I even like Gloria Gaynor's version on the 'I Will Survive' LP but best keep that quiet :D

Gail Wynters a touch of the Cilla's but none the worse for it - can't beat a kitchen sink production. Love GW's shimmering 'You don't have to be in love' on Hickory too - mid tempo magic

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!