SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017-Keeps On Keeping On

Kev John

10 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I've had this for years, and their other release on Optimum, both a little strange, but not bad to freak out to

Dave

I've got "That Girl" by them on Bell.I think that suffers from the same thing as this?The production is brilliant but the vocals are a bit iffy to my ears?Put a proper lead vocal on them & you'd have a couple of serious tunes imo.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

4 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Dave

I've got "That Girl" by them on Bell.I think that suffers from the same thing as this?The production is brilliant but the vocals are a bit iffy to my ears?Put a proper lead vocal on them & you'd have a couple of serious tunes imo.

Cheers

Martyn

Isn't Lady Sunshine on the flip on Bell? I agree with you there, both records could have been improved with a stronger vocal lead.  "I've got soul" is weird hippie funk, strange as hell, the flute is too much, by far.

Edited by TattooDave
I'm a dumbass
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

18 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Last one from me for tonight as I have to walk the dog, and it's raining, not that that is a problem, just a rarity here.  One I may take to Hitsville in September for the last day.

Dave

Great tune,another you never hear out :(.Looks nice on issue,mines a demo.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Dave

Really want one of these,brilliant.

Just booked train tickets as we're going to The 100 Club in April :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

I'll be there next month, then again in September, my only two visits to the UK.  I have all the anniversary singles and close to a second full set, a few spares too.

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I'll be there next month, then again in September, my only two visits to the UK.  I have all the anniversary singles and close to a second full set, a few spares too.

Dave

Dave

Best mate :wicked: Have a spare Charmaines that you fancy parting with for a pittance :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

1 minute ago, hullsoul said:

Dave

Best mate :wicked: Have a spare Charmaines that you fancy parting with for a pittance :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

The spares are at my father's place in Lincolnshire so I'll have a look see when I get there if you like, I know I wouldn't have paid much for them, I'm too mean.

Dave

Social source share

2 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Dave

Drop me a line any time :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

I can't promise Martyn, but you never know, I had a spate of buying the anniversary singles as often as I saw them knowing the prices would rise, got most for less than £50, some for less than a tenner.

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!