SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017-Keeps On Keeping On

Kev John

The Hickory one is new to me. Nice. You're right about the Going Out Of My Head, gotta go some to murder that.

As I was typing that last bit I found myself counting down 3...2.... till some crate digger on here finds one to shatter my illusions lol.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A bit of 7ts blue eyed soul from Detroit from me today, just gone on You Tube found it ,also came out on President over here 

BTW i've got it on US & UK President Demo :shhh:

Wade - I Will Never Love You Anymore - Wade Enterprizes 

Enjoy !!!!:wink:

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Kev John said:

A bit of 7ts blue eyed soul from Detroit from me today, just gone on You Tube found it ,also came out on President over here 

BTW i've got it on US & UK President Demo :shhh:

Wade - I Will Never Love You Anymore - Wade Enterprizes 

Enjoy !!!!:wink:

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Kev

I'd give both of em away :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 12/01/2017 at 20:43, Chris Turnbull said:

Couldn't help noticing this has the same tune as the excellent James Gadson 'Got to find my baby' (Cream) posted last week by Mick Sway. Interesting not the same backing or words, just the same melody - wonder if the writing credits are the same? 

They are credited to different writers. The Gadson 45 is by Viola Wills and James Gadson. Meanwhile in another part of California the same tune is credited to Charles Wright and Don Trotter (according to discogs).  James Gadson is one hell of good singer.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Spain pete
15 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

Got a few of his albums not a bad track on em guys   a genius 👍🎶🎶👏

Lamont Dozier 👏🎶🎶🎶

Social source share

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 16:07, hullsoul said:

I'm in full build up mode to The Wilton re-union so here's another I hope gets played.............

Troy Keyes - You Told Your Story ABC

I got one last year on demo very much under the radar .played 2 or 3 times last years excellent choice he is a good artist a new yorker

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Thought I'd share this "what does it take" from the David Letterman circa 1985 show that also includes a short interview.

I always loved Junior from seeing him several times live. Along with Edwin he was always modest, appreciative of his fans 

and a remarkable performer.

Junior Walker What does it take on the David Letterman 25 Nov 1985.

Jon Anderson also released his Christmas album then.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 21 January 2017 at 20:16, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

This might be a hit or a miss but...Rooting through some records today and stacked this one up with some RnBish soul and it worked remarkably well, reckon you could play this nowadays and it might go down real well?

It's a 'yes' from me . Sort of tune that would have been well recieved in 'Dekkas  Roots Room'

• Helpful 1
Social source share

17 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Great, thanks Andy so not just me then. I believe you were at Newquay in November, would've introduced ourselves if we'd have known you by sight, maybe next time eh.

Best wishes.

Yep that would be nice . We  hope to get back to the events there this year . 

Social source share

On 22/01/2017 at 13:11, Mick Sway said:

Thought I'd share this "what does it take" from the David Letterman circa 1985 show that also includes a short interview.

I always loved Junior from seeing him several times live. Along with Edwin he was always modest, appreciative of his fans 

and a remarkable performer.

Junior Walker What does it take on the David Letterman 25 Nov 1985.

Jon Anderson also released his Christmas album then.

enjoyed that mick , juniors the man for me :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 20:26, hullsoul said:

Latest addition.Been after one of these for awhile but hearing Trusty play it at Empty Bottles the other week it became a must have,sounds awesome out :thumbup:

Tyrone Davis-I'm Running A Losing Race Sack

Was it by any chance a sack race he was losing?:wicked:

Social source share

One from way back when records were fast and furious. Picked the instrumental , of course , but A side has Bobby telling you how to do the Whip. Pic cover has all the footwork so you could have watched Bobby on UPBEAT in 1969 and danced along. Some UPBEAT clips on youtube but I couldn't find our man.

Gravities Band/Bobby Newton - Do The Whip- Mercury

Rick

Edited by Rick Cooper
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

21 hours ago, Rick Cooper said:

One from way back when records were fast and furious. Picked the instrumental , of course , but A side has Bobby telling you how to do the Whip. Pic cover has all the footwork so you could have watched Bobby on UPBEAT in 1969 and danced along. Some UPBEAT clips on youtube but I couldn't find our man.

Gravities Band/Bobby Newton - Do The Whip- Mercury

Rick

Rick

Got a sweat on thinking about dancing to this :lol:

New to me but hit the spot straight away :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!