Steve Crozier (Gateshead) RIP

Headsy

2 minutes ago, headsy said:

Just heard Steve has passed, no further details as yet.

known him since 1976.

Am sure others will comment when more known.

What a nice guy he was Jeff ,not seen him or his good lady out and about for ages .

How sad for all who knew him :(

R.I. p Steve x

Social source share

oh no ! ......steve ,a dear friend ,a total gent ,knew his stuff.....and was only speaking to chris his wife a few weeks ago........i,m shocked and sad to hear this terrible news .the north east has lost a lovely lad ,who was so so passionate about his records .......i along with loads of others thought the world of steve ....rest in peace steve crozier a proper soulman.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

That's sad to hear, a bit of a character was Steve. 

Loved his records, and I always enjoyed our record talk when we met now and again.  Bought and sold some great sounds with him.

R.I.P Steve.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Such sad news. Known Steve and Chris for many years, he had a great sense of humour and probably the best genuine Geordie accent ever. Bought many great records off Steve and yes he knew his stuff. Spent many a time with Steve at Prestatyn just chatting and looking through his sales boxes. He always had time for everyone. But really, what a sad sad loss. My sincere condolences to Chris and family.

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Total shock, so upset by this extremely sad news. I have known Steve for many years and done lots of wheeling and dealing and he was indeed a true gent, who knew his stuff, always so nice to chat with him and he will be sadly missed by the soul family.  My condolences to Chris and family. Monster RESPECT!! R.I.P. Big Man!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Completely missed this, absolutely shocked to hear Steve has gone.  I thought his recent sales where to pay for an all time biggie, it appears he may have had another motive.  An acquaintance for over 20 years of buying and selling between one another, in the early days when everyone picked up a phone rather than PM to crack a deal he was an absolute joy to talk to, knowledgeable, honest and funny, what a loss this is.  Thinking of Steve's family, God bless you.  Lee   

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest goodysoul

Absolutely gutted when Chris text me last week to see if I had heard the news about Steve when she told me I was numb and just cried I couldn't and still can't believe it Chris obviously is devastated and so are the rest of the family it's just heart-breaking. Had many a good time and such a laugh with Steve and Chris talking about records Newcastle brown and Geordi land in general such precious memories of a very special man who I know for sure will be very sadly missed. My love and thoughts go out to Chris and the family R.I.P. Steve top man indeed.

Kelly and Tony xx

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest gfarrington

I know this is very late , but had to write it anyway , when I landed at prestatyn last Friday ,first person  I bumped into was  tonge who told me the sad news , gutted is a understatement , was on my mind all weekend , I had never met steve until the first prestatyn and then we met up  every other one after that ,always made a point of spending time with him and often sold records to each other , he and chris were great fun and up for a laugh , I remember the time she was on crutches then don Thomas came on the decks and taz whipped her cruches and was dancing round like on the advert they were both highly amused , i'm glad tonge got to dj and dedicated steve's favourite song paul anka when we get there to him ,,,,,,,,,,,,,rip

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!