Please name this song

I was listening to the Classic Soul station on the sattelite radio at work and a song came on that I really like but I have no clue what it's called and who sings it. It's by a female vocalist and the only words I know are in the chorus and they go like this. No No No, no-no-no-no-no-no.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I listened to the Chiffons's version and it's not that song. The notes go higher when she sings the no no no instead of lower like in nobody knows whats going on in my mind. Also the first three no's are normal then the next five or so are fast and close together. Oh well. Thanks anyways for the help.

Melanie

Social source share

The only other song that I can think of is 'Gypsy' by Dry Well, there's plenty of 'Oh's' in that. Does it sound a 'dirty' production on the record, not polished like a Motown production for example?

TheBigO

Social source share

I think Ian Levine may be able to help out on this one. NO about a dozen times is what he said when he was first asked if the Four Vandals was "Made" by him? The truth of course came out later.

Social source share

I dont think ill ever find out anything about the song. I work at a restaurant so I couldnt hear it very clearly so I dont know any of the lyrics. The only thing that really caught my ear is the No No No part of it. I looked on the DMX Sattelite radio webpage and they dont even list their Classic Soul station under their list of stations. Plus they changed their choice in songs, before they'd play some Northern soul and stuff like Gloria Jone's Tainted Love, and the No No No song, but now they play cheesey stuff. So I figure it's a popular enough song to be on Sattelite radio, someday Ill hear it again.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you dont state the tempo,

could have been ""Walking in the sand."" chiffons I think??

Remember, walking in thesand

remember walking hand in hand..

the chorus is, No no, No no, no no no no no no.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

No No No, no-no-no-no-no-no.

link

Somebody has already mentioned Human Beinz "Nobody But Me" - that was my first thought - though there's no female vocalist!

Tempo-wise it would fit though, there's the right number of "nos" and the way you've typed it out suggests the same rhythm.

The following is a link to a page where there is a sound sample of the song if you want to rule it out:

Human Beinz link

Perhaps it is a cover in which case I'd like to know who did it too!

Social source share

I was listening to the Classic Soul station on the sattelite radio at work and a song came on that I really like but I have no clue what it's called and who sings it.  It's by a female vocalist and the only words I know are in the chorus and they go like this.  No No No, no-no-no-no-no-no.

link

The only one I can think of with all those No No Nos is Marvie Joseph - 'Don't' (probably got the artist wrong) - used to be heard at 100 club (think Ady played it)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!