The Futures Are Comin'

Guest micksmith

Guest micksmith

JUST HEARD ON THE GRAPEVINE OVER 40 DEMO'S WERE FOUND BY A UK DEALER AT A RECORD FAIR IN HOLLAND. THE DUTCH DEALER STILL HAS OVER 150 LEFT-SO BE WARE.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED-I'M GLAD I'VE GOT AN ISSUE.

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest micksmith

There you go Kolla. More vinyl for your flower pot, or ashtray, whatever it was you were going to make.

link

IT CAME FROM A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE. AND YES KOLLA YOU CAN EVEN DECORATE YOUR WALLS. THERE'S SO MANY.

Edited by micksmith
Social source share

Shouldn't be anymore than a fiver in the real world, IMO.

link

Strange state of affairs I paid £2.00 for a mint demo of "aint got time for nuthin" which is by far the best thing they have done yet Their most sucessfull pop record which sold hundereds of thousands on the eastcoast USA alone is ££££££????

Adam

Social source share

Must say I think this record is shite!  So it's not worth the £75 most are paying for it at the moment then, seen it on a few lists for that latley LOL

link

mo, its not worth that by any stretch of the imagination.

But I can see its dancefloor appeal, certainly a catchy little fucker...

Mick much as you have brilliant records, this aint one of them :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest micksmith

mo, its not worth that by any stretch of the imagination.

But I can see its dancefloor appeal, certainly a catchy little fucker...

Mick much as you have brilliant records, this aint one of them  :D

link

CHEERS MATE. :ohmy:

Social source share

Apparently it's been big on the Californian 'beach' scene for years, and been covered by a lot of bands there.. I wonder if there's a different version been recorded for someone to play... as if one isn't bad enough lol... eurgh.. :ohmy:

Social source share

Apparently it's been big on the Californian 'beach' scene for years, and been covered by a lot of bands there.. I wonder if there's a different version been recorded for someone to play... as if one isn't bad enough lol... eurgh..  :D

link

I think the Dead Kennedys did a version of it :ohmy::D:D

Hammy

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I think the Dead Kennedys did a version of it  :thumbsup:   :yes:   wink.gif

Hammy

link

yeah, the dead kennedy's version is called too drunk to f*ck(ing know that i'm dancing to a very average disco tune) - thats an in joke for ex-punkies btw

seriously though, bootlegs of this are everywhere in london - on every crappy dealer's stall at every crappy street market - can somebody tell me wot is the point of bootlegging such records when there are thousands of them around?

Social source share

Apparently it's been big on the Californian 'beach' scene for years, and been covered by a lot of bands there.. I wonder if there's a different version been recorded for someone to play... as if one isn't bad enough lol... eurgh..  :thumbsup:

link

There is another version that get's plays.I can't for the life of me remember who it is.Barry Maleady played it at Broughton last year.Oh and it sounded equally as shite as the Futures version!

Pete

Social source share

Don't get me started on this one, I've waged a one man hate campaign against this record ever since it became popular, bloody awfull IMO, However, like mr.Abbott I can see it's dancefloor appeal, I think that is a form of politeness..........

Saw Mick Smith getting all excited beind the decks when playing this at Half time Orange last week........Bless.

Jm

Social source share

You think the Futures is pants you wanna hear this pile of poo, its a Carolinas Beach effort that you pick up here quite frequently.................any one want one & I'll see ya off for a tenner :(

Russ

link

Oh dear, just listened to the soundclip on Manship's site.. :):):(

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

They fill the floor but IMHO The Futures and Gayle Adams should be melted down.

A

link

Don't know about that, both records are so poor that if you melt them together the goo might become radioactive :)

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I think it's great that someone can enjoy such an obviously bloody awful record. I'm jealous. Could you imagine having such perverted taste that you could dance and have a good time to horrid records like party time man, life would be so much easier and more enjoyable. :)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Am I the only one who likes the song?

link

Is that Tom???

Let's just say of all the many many seventies tunes that could be played on a predominantly 60's scene this is not the best, and no where near the Futures best either :):):(

John

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Is that Tom???

Let's just say of all the many many seventies tunes that could be played on a predominantly 60's scene this is not the best, and no where near the Futures best either  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

John

link

AMEN! And 5 stars to the guy who mentioned "ain't no time fa nothin'" , how good is that one then? :ohmy:

best

Leo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!