The New Manship Price Quide 4th Edition

JUST GOT MINE FRESH OF THE PRESS,I SUSPECT A FEW HAVE LANDED TODAY.JUST WONDERED WHAT PEOPLE THINK?

MY INITIAL REACTION IS THIS KNOCKS SPOTS OF THE LAST ONE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

BETTER COVERAGE GENERALLY OF RARES SOUL ACROSS THE BOARD,WITH A MORE REALISTIC EMPHASIS ON THE MANY THOUSHANDS OF CROSSOVER TUNES THAT ARE FLOATING ABOUT THE MARKET PLACE.

MAJOR ARTISTES SEEM TO BE BETTER COVERED AS DOES FUNK AND LATIN ETC.THERES A LOVELY PICTORIAL OF AREAS SUCH AS DETROIT ,PHILLY ETC.

I WOULD SAY JOB VERY WELL DONE AND ALSO ADD THAT THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE VIEW AS I HAVE PROBABLY ONLY BOUGHT 5 DISCS OFF JOHN IN THE LAST TEN YEARS.

BAZ A.

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

JUST GOT MINE FRESH OF THE PRESS,I SUSPECT A FEW HAVE LANDED TODAY.JUST WONDERED WHAT PEOPLE THINK?

MY INITIAL REACTION IS THIS KNOCKS SPOTS OF THE LAST ONE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

BETTER COVERAGE GENERALLY OF RARES SOUL ACROSS THE BOARD,WITH A MORE REALISTIC EMPHASIS ON THE MANY THOUSHANDS OF CROSSOVER TUNES THAT ARE FLOATING ABOUT THE MARKET PLACE.

MAJOR ARTISTES SEEM TO BE BETTER COVERED AS DOES FUNK AND LATIN ETC.THERES A LOVELY PICTORIAL OF AREAS SUCH AS DETROIT ,PHILLY ETC.

I WOULD SAY JOB VERY WELL DONE AND ALSO ADD THAT THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE VIEW AS I HAVE PROBABLY ONLY BOUGHT 5 DISCS OFF JOHN IN THE LAST TEN YEARS.

BAZ A.

Just ordered my copy Baz, and I look forward to browsing through it when it arrives.

Social source share

Why is better coverage of funk & latin a good thing?

There are people who like that side of things, so for them it's a good thing plus if you come across 'em cheap you can pick 'em up and sell/trade 'em on which is a good thing too :yes:

Edited by DelTee
Social source share

BAZ A.

oh shit......more price hikes then - he is the Soul chancellor - never mind the council tax - this man determines how much you have got left for the kids :yes::thumbsup::unsure:laugh.gif:lol::P

Social source share

WITH A MORE REALISTIC EMPHASIS ON THE MANY THOUSHANDS OF CROSSOVER TUNES THAT ARE FLOATING ABOUT THE MARKET PLACE.

Does that mean the stuff you can pick up on GEMM/ebay, etc, for a reasonable price?

If its in the guide thats the bottom line for US dealers. It was the records that wern't listed you had a chance of getting at a reasonable price.

BH

Social source share

WITH A MORE REALISTIC EMPHASIS ON THE MANY THOUSHANDS OF CROSSOVER TUNES THAT ARE FLOATING ABOUT THE MARKET PLACE.

Does that mean the stuff you can pick up on GEMM/ebay, etc, for a reasonable price?

If its in the guide thats the bottom line for US dealers. It was the records that wern't listed you had a chance of getting at a reasonable price.

BH

GOOD POINT ,MY RESPONSE TO THAT IS THAT IT WILL NOT STOP USA DEALERS LISTING AT THE NORMAL $9.99 AND THEN THE MARKET WILL DECIDE THE PRICE IF THE PUNTER DECIDEDS TO BUY IT.REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A QUIDE.

BAZ A.

Social source share

what is a Quide? :hypo: i will accept one spelling mistake but no more baz :yes::hypo: there is another baz i know on here who can be quite imaginative with his spelling. is it the name? :hypo:

only joking :lol:

surely mr manship will rake in a extra few grand for xmas without having to sell any records? :hypo:

Shane

Social source share

what is a Quide? :lol: i will accept one spelling mistake but no more baz :):P there is another baz i know on here who can be quite imaginative with his spelling. is it the name? :D

only joking :thumbsup:

surely mr manship will rake in a extra few grand for xmas without having to sell any records? :(

Shane

think all them bazzers went to the same school mate! :D

BAZ A.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert