Soul Stop Records, Stamford, Lincs

Anyone remember this outfit? The images might be too small to read. List of available vinyl from around 1978. Most selling for £1.25. Thought some members might find it moderately interesting.

WP_20170109_12_36_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20170109_12_36_16_Pro.jpg

Social source share

It wasnt Carl Fortnum  it was Ken Cox ... owned soul stop records    sold records out of 10 st Mary's Hill  Stamford (aswell as fleet alnighters)   think it was called Stamford Music Shop   remember taking   a  Gene Woodbury  on delVal   Masqueraders  I got the Power La beat   a Frankie on Sassy back 83   all a fiver each or less  n he had most grapevine labels  both Demos n issues at a regular price of 60p each

Social source share

KEN COX ( Dawn promotions ) used to operate out of his own home think it was 189 Casterton rd how I know ? Use to live opposite and pop over at school lunch time 79/80 his records were at the rear of the house . I got to know Ken quite well over the next few years , he was a great guy always interested what records you were buying etc.                               Remember him having small quantities of things ........ Gil Branding , Billy Hambrick , Gene Woodbury all for £8 each and Larry Houston and King Tutt for a mighty £ 10 each far too much for me at the time . He also had most of the GRAPEVINE label run . Think most of the above came from " SOUL BOWL " never the less HAPPY DAYS ! 

Then he moved all the records to his new premises at St. Mary's St ....... two doors down from Stamford Music shop ( which is still in business today ) think Ken now lives in Thailand best of luck to him ........... 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 5 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!