Pat Brady mid 80s cover ups

Chalky

Trying to identify two records played by Pat Brady in 1985.  Both are in the top 20 attached.

Willie Parker & Joseph Moore are the two I am trying to identify. Oh and Johnny Howard.  The rest I know but won't spoil your fun uncovering them.

IMG_0143.JPG

Edited by chalky
Social source share

34 minutes ago, geeselad said:

pat used to heartbreaking time at Bradford, when I started around 87, uncovered by then

Bradford was my start too. Pat was very good to quote DavenPete. I used to help lug his cases in and help out as a 16/17 year old. Do remember one time he played The Groovers version of Ain't Too Proud To Beg covered as Steve Mancha and one of the guys fishing out a copy and shouting out 'Latest Pat Brady C/U for a tenner!' Raised a few chuckles. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, DaveNPete said:

Also Cody Black Slowly Moulding at Bradford - he was fucking good back then.

Dx

Yep, Pat was a great DJ back in the 80's. He mixed it up with some good new 60's, 70's and perhaps even the odd 80's track. Always had some good sales too. Does he play out ever these days? 

p

Social source share

2 : LITTLE CARL CARLTON ........... JR McCANTS    ( KING w/d )

4  : MARVIN STINTON ........... JOHNNY CURTIS   (  SUMPTER  ) 

5 : ROBBIE  LAWSON  .......... UNTITLED White labelled acetate . 

9 : LEON WASHINGTON ........ DANNY MOORE   ( ALLRITE ) 

11 : SAXIE RUSSELL .......... PRESTON PETERS  ( M M ENTERPRISE ) 

12  :  JIMMY BURNS ....... LITTLE JOHN  ( MARTAY ) 

18 : JOHNNY HAMPTON ...... JIMMIE & ENTERTAINERS ( TODDLIN TOWN ) 

19 : JERRY COOK .......... UNTITLED Red label Audio disc 

7/ 10  / 13 / 14  / 16  played uncovered . KEEP IT REAL ! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, harrogatesoul said:

Bradford was my start too. Pat was very good to quote DavenPete. I used to help lug his cases in and help out as a 16/17 year old. Do remember one time he played The Groovers version of Ain't Too Proud To Beg covered as Steve Mancha and one of the guys fishing out a copy and shouting out 'Latest Pat Brady C/U for a tenner!' Raised a few chuckles. 

The Groovers was covered up as EDDIE HOLLAND as I remember ( Queens hall 91/ 92 ) 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Pat was a well respected, top dj back then. Seriously. 

Yes, but as I recall he never got the hero worship others seemed to garner........that's kinda what I meant........probably down to a more unassuming nature on his part.....

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Always remember him playing the Chandlers Your Love..... at the Zodiac club in Bradford first time I'd heard it, blew me away then and still does. He played another one he gave the name/really was an artist I'd more associate with rock or sounded like such a name. Can't recall it now but that sticks out from that time. Hell I have enough trouble remember the right tracks and artists got no chance with c/u.

Sorry for rambling but just thought it might strike a chord :)

Social source share

2 hours ago, trev thomas said:

he played the eyes of blue - heart trouble, covered as george clinton

Couldn't swear to it but fairly certain that was played at the Central's original Friday nights early '70's uncovered. Their early nighters too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!