Some Bits An Bats Up For Sale

Derek Pearson

Anybody fancy any of these? All Ex, offers considered. Possible trades.

Charles Perry "How can I" MGM DJ £15; SOLD

Joe Frazier "First round knock out" Motown £10; SOLD

Ike Noble "It's bad" Alley £20;

Crystal Motion "You're my main squeeze" Sound Gems £30;

Johnny & Expressions "Shy guy" Josie £10;

Dells "Run for cover" Cadet £30;

George Perkins "I'm so glad you're mine" Royal Shield £30; SOLD

John Roberts "To be my girl" Duke £20;

Ray Gant "Don't leave me baby" Jay Walking £6; SOLD

Chuck Jackson "I only get this feeling" ABC £15;

Marian Love "Can't forget about you" Capitol £30; SOLD

Masqueraders "I aint gonna stop" AGP £20;

Jerry Williams "If you ask me" Calla 1973 release £20;

Chuck Jackson "Any other way" Wand £8;

Danny White "Cracked up over you" Decca £15;

Tyrone St German "In a world so cold" Morning Dove £20;

Lil Willie West "Don't be ashamed to cry" Frisco £60. SOLD

P&P extra. Chqs prefered from UK buyers. Paypal overseas.

cheers, derek

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ray Gant "Don't leave me baby" Jay Walking £6;

I think Baz started a thread the other day, best record under £15, well this wins by miles, okay not Northern (altho I probably would have played it as ender at Allanton :yes: ) but just a great piece of fierce soul, absolutely love it.

Please dont let this go unbought, somebody renew my faith in the buying public!!!

Cheers

Jock

PS Derek as well as plugging your sales (mostly very cheap by the way) I found 2 cd's with your name on it, looks like I was supposed to send them to you (old swap?) and never did!!

Social source share

I think Baz started a thread the other day, best record under £15, well this wins by miles, okay not Northern (altho I probably would have played it as ender at Allanton :yes: ) but just a great piece of fierce soul, absolutely love it.

Please dont let this go unbought, somebody renew my faith in the buying public!!!

totally agree,there is a better version by,maxine brown ? lp only i think,its outstanding

Cheers

Jock

PS Derek as well as plugging your sales (mostly very cheap by the way) I found 2 cd's with your name on it, looks like I was supposed to send them to you (old swap?) and never did!!

Social source share

Cheers

Jock

Gotta agree wid ya there Jock, Ray Gant "Don't Leave Me Baby" a fantastic piece of Lorrane Chandler, Jack Ashford soul, much as I adore Maxine Brown.... this gotta be the version for me.

ok Derek... that's the plugs for Ray Gant :-)

steve

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Lil Willie West "Don't be ashamed to cry" Frisco £60.

And this Willie West has the a similar sound & feel as Sam Fletcher's "I'd Think It Over" , Brilliant and moody ! thumbsup.gif

DP replies cautiously I think I've got the hang of this mp3 lark now and I've dipped my preverbial in the water by uploading RG & MB. Will attempt to post up a clip of "Don't be ashamed to cry" later this evening. Quite an accurate description of it there mister sunnysoul....

cheers, derek

Social source share

Don't be ashamed to cry - lil willie west - frisco

11632 refosoul

here's this rather saucy little number from the city they call New Orleans. It's mean it's moody, it's big and it's bold. Some might say it's an awesome example of a sixties beat ballad. Whatever I just love those drum rolls.

onwards, derek

yes/no? hit or miss? What do ya think?

I suspect it's the same geezer who cut for Deesu etc, probably his first release hence the lil prefix - I knew I should've been in the police force.....

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

Don't be ashamed to cry - lil willie west - frisco

11632 refosoul

here's this rather saucy little number from the city they call New Orleans. It's mean it's moody, it's big and it's bold. Some might say it's an awesome example of a sixties beat ballad. Whatever I just love those drum rolls.

onwards, derek

yes/no? hit or miss? What do ya think?

I suspect it's the same geezer who cut for Deesu etc, probably his first release hence the lil prefix - I knew I should've been in the police force.....

===================================================================

tis the same guy Derek and has long long been in my faves box for about 15 years now. Had a mate Danny Stone who found a box of em in a New Orleans store (Can't remember which one but he found 6 copies of THE Q too). Anyhow - got covered up on tapes as Sam Fletcher and to me is a superb beat ballad worthy of a bit more attention. Sales pitch over!

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!